We left for the airport last Wednesday afternoon. Mom timed our departure just shortly after when I would be normally be waking up from a nap. Turns out that this planning worked out well. I was easily distracted with all the airport chaos, and as soon as our flight starting taxing out to the runway...I was OUT. Slept the entire way in Dad's arms, and woke up once we pulled up to our gate at DFW airport. Everyone on our flight loved Mom for her fine planning skills. Turns out we got lucky too! Almost all the flights scheduled before ours and after ours were cancelled due to hail damage. A terrible storm had passed through the Dallas/Ft. Worth area on Tuesday night. The plane scheduled for our flight was spared any damage! Woo Hoo!
On our way to the airport:
Mumsie and Granddaddy picked us up from the airport and we went directly to dinner at a neat little Tex-Mex place. We stopped after dinner for some goodies for breakfast the next morning, and I slept great Wednesday night.
Up early Thursday morning eating breakfast and ready for a fun day with family:
We drove out to Irving and met Nanny and Adie for lunch at Red Robin. It was so great to see them and we had a great lunch catching up since their visit to Colorado in early April. Guess Mom forgot to snap a few pictures of our lunch. She was too busy feeding and entertaining me! After lunch, we drove over to Great Grandma and Grandpa Shanahan's house to visit. Great Grandma had just had surgery earlier in the week, so although our visit was sweet...it wasn't very long. We then went over to Great Aunt Linda's house and visited with Alison and Erin (my 2nd cousins). We decided to take a walk down the street to a beautiful park hidden behind all the houses. I got to feed the ducks bread (although I was slightly confused as I thought humans ate bread...not ducks).
Checking out the ducks in the pond:
A stroll around the park with Dad and Nanny:
Great Aunt Linda, Erin, and Allison:
Hanging with the family:
"Bella" was there little white dog that kept wanting to give me kisses!
Dad and I. So cool...we got to wear...shades:
We had a wonderful Thursday visiting with the Charlton and Hippert families.
When we woke up Friday morning...we all had one thing on our mind (besides breakfast)...SWIMMING!!
This is the Hip toddler look in case you were wondering (jammie tops, no bottoms and sandals):
We decided to get ready for the pool by inflating my new float toy:
Layla observing all the action (I liked to call her "E-Ya"):
"Alrighty. Testing is going well. I think I'm ready for the pool!"
Dad ready for some pool time:
In the pool! The water was just a little chilly at first, but I got used to it pretty fast.
I enjoyed being in the water, but I preferred to be out of the water where I could run around and explore the yard:
You will never guess what we found when Mumsie went to clean out the pool filter....
Yep! A baby turtle! This baby turtle almost met his/her destiny in the trash can. Luckily, Mumsie spotted it at the very last moment before being tossed away. Isn't it cute? We put it in a glass vase with some rocks and observed it all afternoon.
Our friends (The McCrate family) that live around the corner heard about the baby turtle, and decided that they would like to give it a good home. Their son, Grayson has been looking for a turtle for some time now...so the timing worked out great.
Grayson and I checking out the turtle:
I took a long nap Friday afternoon. I was pretty tired from all the pool and turtle activity. On Friday evening, Devin came to visit! I hadn't seen Devin since Christmas time, right before they moved down to Texas and right before we moved into our new house.
Devin showing me one of her favorite past-times (texting and looking at Facebook):
Devin and J.R on 5/27/2011:
Mom didn't capture too many pictures on Saturday, but we spent the majority of the day relaxing in the sun and enjoying Devin's company. Dad helped Granddaddy install a new microwave and oven, so we just sort of hung around trying to stay out of their way. On Sunday, I helped with the Family BBQ preparations.
Loading up the beer in the cooler is a very important task that should be taken very seriously:
Around noon, all of the family started to show up for tons of great food and fun in the sun.
This is my 2nd cousin, Micki (who has the same Birthday as Mom and Devin), and her niece Isabella (who came to Mom and Dad's wedding back in July of 2007).
Mumsie soaking up some rays:
Mom and Devin hanging by the pool:
Momma and Poppa (Mumsie's Mom and Dad) enjoying the shade:
Me and my Great Uncle Russ (Granddaddy’s younger brother):
Aunt Amanda loading me up with sunscreen:
More pool time!!
Micki and Great Aunt Carol (Aunt Carol is Granddaddy’s older sister):
Granddaddy taking me around the pool:
After our family BBQ, we went over the McCrate's house to join their BBQ in progress. They took a few pictures of the evening, and the pics can be found on their own family blog located here:
http://mccratefamily.blogspot.com/
We had such a great Sunday hanging with the best of both worlds: Family and Friends! Couldn't have asked for a better trip, and it was so great to be able to see just about everyone.
On Monday we were up early packing and getting ready for our flight back to Colorado Springs. It was hard to say goodbye to everyone.
Devin and I outside of the DFW airport:
Dad and Granddaddy outside of the airport:
Once again, our flight back was super smooth. No hiccups. I played for a little while on the plane before I decided to get comfy in Dad's arms again and fall asleep for the
remainder of the flight.
Grandpa picked us up from the airport, and we had plenty of time to spend the rest of the afternoon unpacking and getting situated. We picked up Molly and Moses from Susie's house, and boy were they happy to see us! We are all glad to be home. Hope you all have a wonderful week!
No comments:
Post a Comment