Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend Wrap-UP

Happy Monday! We had a pretty good weekend. No agenda really, which was nice for a change. On Friday evening we went to dinner at a new little Mexican restaurant that just opened down the street from our house. It was tasty (although I was more interested in the water fountain near the front door than I was actually sitting down and eating). I'm officially at "that age." The age where...taking me to a restaurant...is getting sort of interesting. I really have no interest in eating as I'm way too distracted by what is going on around me, I want to get down and run around, I can't be bargained with...and I will verbally let everyone in the restaurant know when I'm bored and not happy with being strapped in a chair!

Saturday started off to be a beautiful day, and I LOVE being outdoors...so this worked out great for me as we spent the majority of the morning OUTSIDE.

I did some running around in the yard with Molly and Moses, and helped Dad and Grandpa repair some broken sprinkler heads.

After a loong (3 hour) afternoon nap, my buddy Daniel came over with his mama Ginger. We decided to walk down to the park and meet another old friend of mine from daycare, and his mama. My buddy Jameson and I were in daycare together for a few months last summer. He no longer goes to the same daycare that I do, but it turns out we ran into them last week while on a walk and found out we are close neighbors!!! Way cool. So, Daniel, Jameson and I all ran around the park going up and down the slides and swinging for almost 2 hours!!!


The weather decided to turn on us while we were playing, and the wind really started to pick up...but it didn't phase us at all. I ended up splitting my lower lip while attempting to push one of the strollers around...and I also ate dirt a few times. So, blood + dirt + tons of boogers sure did qualify me as one hot mess:

All BOY:


After plenty of time at the park, we came back to the house and ordered pizza for dinner. I had more time to run around with my buddy Daniel while his folks visited with Mom and Dad, and I was well ready for bed come 8:00 PM. It was a great (and tiring) day.

On Sunday, we woke up and did some things around the house. Mom baked cookies and I helped Dad with some more yard work. I almost didn't make it through lunch again without falling asleep:

These weekends sure to wear me out (eating with my eyes CLOSED)!

We ran to Target and did some Easter shopping, and visited the tail-end of the Home and Garden Show that took place down the street. Mom made Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti for dinner (and I LOVED it). We had cookies for dessert on the patio after dinner. It was a great end to a nice weekend. Hope everyone has a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment