Sunday, September 12, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

Hey, All! Thought I would share my weekend happenings with you! It was a great weekend! Went by WAY to fast. On Friday evening, we went to dinner at one of my favorite places: Texas Roadhouse! We met Auntie Karissa and some of Mom and Dad's friends who are also fans of my Blog! Hi Carissa Junior! It was nice to meet you. Carissa Junior went to the Olympics for Weightlifting a few years back, and she and her husband Jason, offered to help us do the "heavy lifting" when we move. Haha! After a nice dinner, they came back over to our house to visit for a bit.
My first time meeting an Olympian:

"What is Auntie K doooing?"

"Okay, Auntie K. I will let you kiss me if you let me play with your iPhone."

On Saturday, September 11th...we thought of all the people that lost their lives on this tragic day, 9 years ago. I'm so thankful that I was born in such a wonderful country, and we give thanks to those that have fought, and continue to fight for the freedom of this country. Thanks to you, I have a very bright future in front of me.

On Saturday afternoon, we decided to go for a drive up to Denver. We visited the place where Dad bought Mom's wedding rings so that she could get them polished and cleaned up. Then, we went to lunch at Dickey's BBQ Pit. I don't think we will ever be able to make a trip to Denver without this stop. I got to try some Mac N Cheese and some soft serve ice cream. Mmmmmm!
Don't worry. Mom and Dad did NOT eat the entire plate of fried Okra:

Tasty BBQ.


"Can I please have some more of dat?"

On Sunday morning, Mom and I...well, ummm....let me rephrase that...*I* decided to get up at 5:30 AM. So, Mom decided that we would let the rest of the family sleep while we made an early morning grocery shopping trip. Mom picked a grocery store that just-so-happens to have a Starbucks in it. And yes...I went in my jammies.
We picked up a mug for Dad's Iced Coffee:

After our grocery shopping trip, we decided to take a walk down to the park so that I could swing. Only problem is...I fell asleep! So...no swinging for me (please ignore all the dried boogies around my nose region):

Is there anything cuter than my baby foot?

At least Molly and Moses had a good time. They always LOVE going on walks with us. Can you tell that they are smiling?

Moses is people-watching:



Later on, Mom and I met Auntie Amber for coffee so that Dad could enjoy some Sunday afternoon football. After we returned back home, I thought it would be funny to test out Moses' crate. Molly was trying to nudge me all the way in so she could shut the door and lock it. Nice try, Molly!:

Outfit change after a Sunday afternoon blow-out (and we are not talking about football here):

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi JR! Thanks for talking about me in your blog. I hope to see you again real soon. Don't forget to tell Cortland next time you see him that he needs to update his blog. <3

    ReplyDelete