Because one day I was taking a picture of these beautiful flowers in our front yard...
And then the next day I was taking pictures of THIS:
Yeah. We sort of got a freak blizzard that came out of nowhere. The destruction to the trees across town from the super heavy and wet snow was devastating. Jeff managed to knock some snow off late Tuesday evening, and only lost part of this tree in our front yard. A huge chunk of our apple tree in our backyard, also.
And guess what they did? Cancelled school! For the I don't even know how many school cancellations and delays we had this past winter.
So we tried to make the best of it, and went out and played in this foot of nasty, wet, snow.
Great for a snowman! Or snow lady.
And got in a good round of Monopoly!
Wednesday night was one of our last lessons with Mr. Thomas. Actually it was supposed to be our last lesson, but we changed it so that we could have one more.
Friday Jeff and I volunteered for Field Day at the school. I Had thrown out my back, so I was on the struggle bus a bit. But, the kids had a great day and it meant a lot to them that we were there.
Started off sort of chilly, but the sun finally warmed us all up and out came the water!
I got to draw on JR's arms.
Jeff was having a fun time helping with spin art!
And everyone was pooped after we got home.
Vondrea graduated from high school last Friday, and mom and dad went down to see her. We are bummed we couldn't make the trip, but 4 more days left of school for the kiddos! I just loved these pictures so much.
Got some good shots of our old lady in the green grass.
Alex had a birthday part on Saturday, and they had a surprise appearance by the Manitou High School cheerleaders! The girls LOVED It!
This guy...waiting to see if I'm putting on my running shoes or not. Too bad I tweaked my back, Mosey! Next weekend.
Sunday trip to Lowes. Hey! Are you supposed to be up there?
We were able to get fresh mulch down in the front yard and it looks great. Hopefully, winter is gone now.
On Memorial Day (Monday) we were supposed to have some new friends over from the new school, but they had to cancel due to a sick kiddo. So, The Loomis family was able to join us last minute and it worked out well. It had been a long time since the kids got to see their buddies.
Best buds.
The kids have their last day on Friday, and the Thunderbirds fly on Thursday and I believe I'm going to take them out of school to enjoy that with the company picnic. It is a 10 year tradition!
No comments:
Post a Comment