Monday, April 8, 2019

Weekly Happenings

Last week was fantastic Spring weather.  This week, we are expecting SNOW.  I'm very much over it, and have Spring Fever BIG time.  The kids and I have been getting outside more just this past week, and it has made a huge difference in everyone's overall mood.  Molly and Moses have enjoyed it also.
Last Thursday, I got to squeeze in some time to go surprise the kids at lunch time.  They have to eat SO FAST, that I actually got to eat my meal over both of their lunch times. 
JR with his buddy (they anted to do a selfie)

Not a bad deal for $2.50!  Pork sandwich, tots, veggies, and milk!

Alex and I:

JR and I.  They were SUPER excited to see me standing there waiting for them.  I'm guessing here in about 7 years--it would be a tragedy.  LOL

Stopped for a little me time before getting the kids, and snapped a picture of my pretty Latte from Till.

And did a selfie with snot and a flower in my hair.

And purple hair.

Friday after getting the kids, the weather was so nice we decided to grab some dinner and sit on the patio for a bit.  Ahhhhh...

I thought the light was just catching her so perfectly, I snapped a few pictures of my beautiful girl.


Isn't she cute?

On Saturday she wanted me to match her hair to her Hairy Potter shirt.  Not bad, mom!

My boss Dan, has been bugging me for years to go and watch one of his daughter's performances.  She is a director of a high school drama program in Parker, and this year she was doing The Addam's Family.  So, we bought tickets a few weeks ago and decided to make it a Saturday afternoon event!  JR got a picture with Kayla (Dan's Daughter).

Getting ready...

Goof Balls!

The performance was great.  Over 2.5 hours!

They even had a live symphony in the pit playing all of their live music.  Pretty impressive!


Lurch was played by a kid who probably 6'6" at least!


It was great, and the kids loved it also.  We will have to find some more local HS plays in the future to attend.

After the play we went to dinner at Rockyard in Castle Rock.

And Alex insisted on a picture with her puppy (so she calls him).

On Sunday, I ditched the family to do something I have never done in all the years of being a native here in Colorado Springs.  I decided to hike the Manitou Incline!  I did ride up it once in a car in the 90's.  It was probably one of the hardest workouts I have ever done.
This picture was the bottom, looking up.


I stopped a few times to try and catch my breath and lower my heart rate.  I went with a group of friends, and we all got separated with some going ahead, and some falling behind.  I wish I would have had some tunes with me!



2,744 steps straight up!  I managed to do it in 56 minutes.  Although that seems like a long time, and it felt like death while doing it--looking back it didn't feel like it actually took that long.
Larissa and I at the top!  She beat me by about 7 minutes.

The rest of our group followed about 10 minutes later.

I had no idea that after that long, crazy hike that you go almost 4 miles down a very steep and slick graded trail.  I knew you got down somehow--I just didn't realize how slick and graveling it was!

This was our entire group at base camp before we started up.  It took about 4 hours from start to finish, and the waiting around at the top and soaking in the scenery.  The pictures just don't do it justice.

I want to do it again!  I'm surprisingly not as sore as I thought I would be today.  All those hours spent doing cardio at the gym must have paid off for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment