Sunday, June 24, 2018

It Feels Like Summer is Here!

FINALLY feeling like summer. AND! With the heat approaching the mid 90's this next week--we are really going to be feeling it.  I'm excited to start my part-time, 80% remote status change starting tomorrow! Which means, the kids had their last day of daycare for the summer this past Friday.  I'm ready to spend more time with them, have more flexibility for the school and the board, and if all goes well--have a lot less anxiety and more time during the school year.  I'm excited and so are they!

Earlier this week--Alex was up from 2:30 am to 4:30 am with the pukes )-: It had been a long time since we have had any episodes, and we weren't sure if it was a virus, or her reflux.  The next morning she seemed fine until we went and grabbed groceries.  I gave her some Benadryl that helped with the nausea and she did great the whole rest of the day.   We decided to journey outside and do some sidewalk chalk, and it wasn't long before the entire neighborhood joined us.


We created a huge underwater scene!

Priorities! A beach bar!


On Thursday night we went to the school for The Never Ending Story movie night.  Gavin and Gwyn and the entire Loomis Family joined us.

Two nights in a row? What a treat!  On Friday we went to their neighborhood for concert night in Cordera.  The adults chill while the kids run around with Kona Ice.

Ahhh--Summer!



Check out that sunset!

We have been working to keep the lawn looking nice.  A $200 water bill for last month didn't hurt! LOL.  Front yard...

Beautiful blooms!

Backyard...oooh ahhhh.


Saturday evening we decided to journey out to Falcon to visit a brewery we had never been to before.  It was beautiful weather, so we enjoyed sipping on some new beers and playing corn-hole with the kids.  Free flights for first-timers!



They got pizza--we had Island cuisine.  Yum!


Spicy chicken jerk sandwich, Island fries, and fried plantain.  Mmmmm.

Unfortunately, this morning JR woke up  not feeling all that wonderful.  Turns out he was running a 102 fever and complaining of a headache and sore throat.   We will see what comes of it, but hopefully we can fight it off.

As I mentioned earlier--this week we start a new schedule and hopefully a new way of life moving forward.  I'm excited that everything will turn out, and I can have the best of both worlds with that work/life balance.   Ms. Rose will be taking the kids on various journeys while I'm working during the day for the rest of the summer.   Museums, splash pads, bowling, movies, skating, play-dates.  We are all excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment