Tuesday, October 3, 2017

October Is Here!

JR had his well-exam last Wednesday.  Everything was great, minus him only growing an inch.  We have a follow-up appointment with the pediatric endocrinologist tomorrow, so we will see how things go with that appointment.  Both kids were very anxious about getting their flu shot.  I read somewhere to bring in a cupcake with candles and have them focus on blowing out the candle.  So we did that! And it worked GREAT. They were both upset before hand, but I got them to focus on blowing out that candle and it was not a big deal at all.  Not like last year when JR you know...ran out the freakin door.  Big improvement! 

Last week they had spirit day at school on Wednesday and Thursday.   I managed to talk them into at least one picture.

Thursday night was spirit night at Freddy's! So we took part in that as well.


Friday was a food competition day at work--I decided to enter in the salsa category.



And guess what--I won!!  All this cool stuff--after I just got done spending the last three months of my life getting rid of stuff!  Ha!  Pretty cool though.

Alex wanted a picture with Mosey.  So here you go:

And we decorated for Halloween on Saturday morning and just took it easy around the house.



Saturday afternoon we went and had some Pumpkin Beer (we were feeling festive) at Peaks N Pines, played games, and ate pizza.  JR cracks us up:

On Sunday we dropped the kids off with Auntie Amber, and went and enjoyed a lovely brunch with Mom and Dad at the Broodmoor.  Man was it GOOD!!! Thank you Mom and Dad!


I didn't manage to get any sneaky pics of Mom and Dad.  Next time!



It was sort of a delayed Anniversary brunch since we didn't get the chance to go this summer.  Better late than never! This chocolate mousse was delicious!

The kids got their pictures back--I think they are pretty cute! They were very dark so the company sent me a new batch. 


Alex woke up early Monday morning with a 103 fever, and threw up. So I stayed home with her yesterday and she seemed to be okay the rest of the day.  She was fine this morning, so off to school she went and her teacher said she was doing great.  Tomorrow I have an MRI for my head for my migraines--my new doctor thought it would be a good idea since I have never had one before.  We have a Kindergarten dinner for Alex, and the school is having a ground-breaking ceremony on Friday that I'm going to attend as part of the BOD.  Saturday is JR's 8th Birthday!  He BEGGED us to run in the school 5k in the morning.  Larissa, Gavin, Cathy, and Connor are running it with us. Even if we don't do much running and more looking at rocks--it will be a good time.  Saturday afternoon is JR's birthday party.  He is going to be pooped! And Sunday is our annual Wishing Star Farm visit with the Triple J group.   October hits and we don't stop until January! 

No comments:

Post a Comment