Goof balls!
And we arrived at Sharon and Neil's in time for Spaghetti dinner! And they totally tricked me into thinking that my favorite chocolate pie in the whole wide world wasn't happening by saying,"oh! We didn't make it--pregnant ladies can't have raw eggs." I was truly sad!
Then, they brought it around the corner and all was good again!
36!
This is also a favorite of Alex, so I basically had to hide it the rest of the trip!
We had our Thanksgiving dinner on Friday evening. Devin and Roy got to join us! It was great.
On Sunday afternoon Devin had her baby shower for Lili! It was at the local Cowboy church and she had a pretty good turn-out. LOTS of presents to open.
Cute cupcake tower:
Aunt and Uncle!
Jeff and Devin
Not quite sure what to think of it all. "Can I just be JR? Why do I have to be Uncle JR?" Ha!
GREAT Aunt Amanda, Devin, and the kids
Sharon and Momma (who is now a Great GREAT grandmother)
I just so happen to sneak this little number in the bottom of the gift bag. Then I yelled "GO BRONCOS!!" when she opened it. It was amazing.
We had a great time celebrating the Mother-To-Be. She is due March 16th (Amber's Birthday).
After the shower, Jeff and I were able to ditch the kids and go have a nice delayed Birthday dinner at The Grotto. Our dinners were amazing and we managed to find room for their famous pecan twirl.
Did I mention we did a LOT of eating this trip?
Sunday we met Pat, Paul, and Adrian for lunch in Arlington. It was great to catch up with them and visit.
Sunday night matching My Little Pony Twins. Amanda looks 12! Hahah
Monday morning a solo trip to my FAVORITE coffee house around the corner. I had to get at least ONE latte during our visit. Yum!
The weather was just beautiful in the 70's. We got out and did some adventure walks.
Monday night we took the family and went to downtown Grapevine. We stumbled upon this little area last year, and I couldn't wait to get back. They go ALL OUT with the Christmas decorations and we just have a great time.
Dev and Roy
Lots of smoochin!
We had dinner and stopped by the HUGE Grapevine mall on our way back.
Alex channeling her inner Uncle JJ!
Mall strollin with Mumsie and Grandaddy!
He looks 15!
These two!
Some of the pics from Sharon's camera....
And Tuesday morning we hung around and killed some time before our flight left in the evening. We made it to DIA at 7:45, but we had to wait to taxi in and wait for luggage, and we finally got home around 11 pm.
He made me take this picture and title it "The Flash!"
JR and Alex both went to school on Wednesday, and Jeff and I had plans to hit the gym and get stuff done. But I woke up with a migraine, so I didn't get to join him and spent the day feeling crappy.
I did get to sport my new puggy leggings!
And we had to pick up JR early from school so that he could go to his Endo appt with Dr. Chambers at Children's Hospital. The staff there was REALLY great and I was very impressed. The doctor looked JR over and didn't see anything alarming, but did request we get lab work done to run some numbers on a few different hormones and his thyroid. JR did excellent getting his blood drawn, and they had a "life coach" that helped walk him through everything and offered some great distractions. The results will take about a week, and then wee will have a better idea as to what is going on with his non-growth situation. And of course he got to pick out some Pokemon cards at Target afterwards for being so brave--so he was pretty proud of that.
JR's class went on a field trip today to the Space Museum today. Another mom posted this picture of Ms. Sparks, and JR's class after decorating their Thanksgiving aprons.
I have my first official Board of Directors meeting this evening! Should be a LONG one as we have to parental hearings before the actual meeting. Michelle and Finley fly in this weekend! And I have my half-way ultrasound on Monday afternoon, where we really get to take a look at the baby and see how things are developing.
No comments:
Post a Comment