Monday, August 29, 2016

Weekly Happenings

We had a fairly decent week. Everyone was healthy--until Sunday!
Jeff took the kids to their dentist appointment with Dr. Palmer last Thursday.  Everyone did great and no cavities!


Only JR asks Ms Kim if she can try on her glasses.  Funny kid!

I got to meet Ami for a delicious lunch at Till on Friday.  I'm still dreaming of my chicken sandwich and mint limeade.  Mmmmm.

And the boys were grumpy so Alex and I went for ice cream.

While we were gone--Moses had injured is paw and he was totally flipping out.  And his little paw was in a total spasm.  We decided to take him to the ER vet, and once Jeff arrived--he stopped freaking out.  So, he brought him home and he started to act more normal.  Thank goodness! Here is is looking for some lovin from JR.

And on Saturday morning he was putting all his weight back on it and acting just fine.  Phew!  We had a BOGO to our favorite breakfast place that was about to expire--so we decided to go and chow down.

MMmmmm.  Egg and I!

We ran a few errands, took naps, and then went to Cooper's 4th Birthday celebration at Villa!  Jeff and I each got a gym workout in, too. Win win!

JR and his BFF.

Alex and her BFF.

Silly girls!

Cooper! The Birthday Boy!

They got to play soccer and make crafts and jump on the bouncy house and climb the climbing wall. Quite the fun party!




On Sunday, I got to meet with my group of local surrogates at Little Monkey Bizness.  JR decided to stay back as he wasn't feeling well--and sure enough come late morning he spiked a fever.  So Alex had a good time running around like a little monkey while I got to visit with the other mamas.  Between the 8 of us--there are 6 babies brewing!  Two singletons, and two sets of twins.  And two recent deliveries--one singleton and one set of twins. Two of the ladies are waiting to be matched so they can move on to contracts.  We had a great time catching up.

And my tests have just become darker and darker!

And last Thursday I had my first blood test and the number was great! They wanted anything above 300, and it came in at 815.

Today was my 2nd beta test, and it came in at 3,315! Exactly where they wanted it to be and I'm now done with confirmation blood tests.  The ultrasound where they will see if they can see a heartbeat will be on September 9th.  Feels like forever!

Sunday afternoon--I spot a guy with a green shirt on the roof!  (That would be Jeff looking around).

JR is home sick from school today with the devil virus!  He woke up around 1:30 in the morning with a 103 fever and stridor.  I'm thinking the croup virus claimed another victim.  It finally started to come down around 3 am--and there was a rather annoying thunderstorm hanging right over us for hours last night.  Exhausted today.  Otherwise I have been feeling really good.  This weekend we are getting our roof replaced, and we might see Aunt Amanda as she is going to be in town.  I'm trying to talk Jeff into the Colorado State Fair--I think the kids would really enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment