Monday, May 2, 2016

Such a Lovely Winter We are Having This Spring

And it has been COLD.  And SNOWY.  And COME ON APRIL!! This was the tease I had from my view at the gym early last week--such a tease!

And then woke up to this.  Boo!

Which meant we got to visit with this guy Friday afternoon:

Oh hey Frosty!  On a side note...this might be the most perfect non-professional snowman we have ever had the pleasure of meeting!

We finished off the week relaxing and taking it easy.  After the past few weeks with family visiting, Maryland, and our trip to Estes Park--we were looking forward to being at home.
Faces!

Morning coffee with my coffee-hound:

And of course I had signed up for a 5K that was to benefit JR's school and of course it was 30 degrees out.  I was--FROZEN. The first mile my legs were completely numb before I finally started to warm up.  AND!! AND!! My phone with all my running music completely shut down on me due to the cold.  It was like, "Hellz No."  So I got to run 3 miles with nothing but the negative voices in my head to listen to.  But! I showed up--I did it--and through all the icy and snowy and muddy terrain--I still finished with a time of 37 minutes, 45 seconds.  Only about 8 minutes slower than my last time in ideal, flat, beautiful conditions.

I was super happy to see my little cheering section waiting for me at the end of the race.  I told them to stay home and stay warm--but they showed up and it made my day!

Later in the afternoon after a long hot shower and a short nap--we were off to Karissa and Trent's Housewarming party.  There were tons of people! Great food!  And we all had a great time breaking in their new home in Rockrimmon.

Mmmmm...pie!

Mr. Jesse showing JR the ropes of old school Nintendo.

Auntie K and Baby O having some munchies.

Besties!

It was fun to get to hang with everyone for the afternoon.
On Sunday we decided to use some gift cards JR received from his Birthday to go to the movies.  We went to see Zootopia and it was pretty cute!  The kids both enjoyed it.


After the movies we decided to go on a very painful shoe-shopping trip.  Both kids are between sizes and their sizes happen to be the most popular apparently. So, every shoe that we found that we liked--they of course were out of.  Whiny and tired kids + no luck = LET'S GO TO FUZZY'S AND DRINK BEER AND SANGRIA!  So we did! With dinner of course.  And that was the end of our weekend at home!  This Saturday we are doing a Mother's Day Brunch at the Sunbird, and not sure what else we have going.

Got back Alex's school pictures that I won't be ordering.  But hey! At least I can save the proofs in the blog for record keeping purposes (-:

We are certainly pleased she is over her photographer fear.  Now if we could just get her to use the bathroom in a public place....



No comments:

Post a Comment