Monday, September 21, 2015

Weekly Happenings

My favorite part of Monday mornings is looking through the pictures that I had taken over the past week. Things that I had already forgotten about that took place just a few days ago, are remembered and captured HERE. The biggest fan of this Blog is ME! I love going back and looking at pictures and updates over the years. I will keep on updating as long as I possibly can!

Jeff and I went to see Dave Chappelle on Wednesday night. We met the Andrews for drinks and Dinner at 503W, and then went to see Dave and two opening acts at the Pikes Peak Center. He was pretty funny! But we had a hard time hearing where we were sitting...so we missed a few things. Cassie hung with the kiddos and they had a good time as well.

On Thursday morning we had the meeting with the occupational therapist from the CDC to discuss J.R and his food pickiness.  Basically, she explained that it isn't detrimental to his health, but that he could definitely benefit from a once a week group feeding session where they try all sorts of new foods.  Jeff and I are going back and forth as to if we want to go for it.   It would mean getting him out of school early once a week, and shuffling our work schedules around.  Guess we have some time to think it over.

J.R is OBSESSED with Pokemon cards right now. Some older boys have turned him on to them and we decided to pick up a pack and use them as rewards.  He earned 3 on Friday for having a "purple" day at school...which is the TOP color that you can get...meaning he had an EXCELLENT day.  I also told him that he could have a couple if he worked hard at practicing during his skating lesson.  I told him he didn't have to go on the actual skating floor, but he needed to practice on the carpet.  First thing when we get there he hops on the actual skating floor and does an entire lap without touching the wall!   My jaw was on the ground! He comes off...says "Okay! I'm done.  I want my Pokemon cards."  LOL.  Oh buddy...you have 40 more minutes to go!  He wasn't very happy with me about that...guess we had a disconnect in communication.
2nd lesson! Ready to go!

And he is OFF.  Like a BOSS.


He did finish off practicing on the carpet.  So he earned his cards...and an Icee.  We will see how next week goes!

While we were at skating and getting haircuts...Jeff was hard at work assembling Alex's Ikea furniture.  He managed to get it all put together!  I listed her old set on a Mommy Facebook Group...and it was sold within just a few hours to a mom having her first baby (a girl) in December.  She was very excited and I felt really good about it going to what seems like a good home.
This set was very good to us...especially the rocking chair.  Many, many hours were spent rocking my last baby in that chair.  Sniff.

Proper Big Girl Bed!!  She loves it, and napped in it Saturday afternoon without any issues!


Complete! With a Pug and all!

Saturday evening Cousin Cindy and Rob came to have dinner with us.  JR took to Rob immediately! We had a nice time visiting.  

Freddy's custard!  THAT FACE!! Hahhaha.


We were waiting for the people that were buying Alex's nursery set on Sunday afternoon and decided to snap some final pictures in our favorite rocker.  My sweet girl.

And of course...J.R had to get in on that action.

We went and purchased our new family room furniture on Sunday evening.  We had been putting it off since last November...and it was time!We have wrapped our brains around staying put in our house for awhile...so we are doing some of the upgrades we had been putting off.  New furniture will be delivered on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment