Monday, March 9, 2015

Closer to Spring!


We completed our first week of March, and we changed the clocks on Saturday...so we are headed in the right direction for Spring and...SUMMER! This week is going to be pretty nice...and we are all happy about that after a pretty chilly and snowy week.

The kids were celebrating the Birthday of Dr. Seuss all last week at school and let me tell you...it sure did make it a fun and "easier" week giving them something to look forward to every morning.  Monday was Hat Day.  Failed to get a picture of that. Tuesday was Whoville Hair Day. I tried so hard to get them to wear a mullet wig, but they just found it really creepy. So I decided to make it even creepier. HA!

Check out those braids! Thank you...thank you very much.

Wacky Wednesday!



Oh...and Jeff eating baked fried chicken and mashed potatoes.  This picture went to Mumsie, so I decided to go ahead and include it here (we were taste-testing Bob Evans mashed potatoes that Sharon introduced us to, and they were real winners).

Jeff had the crazy idea to "go ahead and re-do our guest bedroom" on our way home from work on Friday.  So we wasted NO time hitting up Bed Bath and Beyond for a "Bed in a Bag."  We are going to make the room awesome!  And much more functional for our guests that are visiting in the future.

The beginning...

We had another Birthday Party to go to on Saturday morning.  A little girl named Piper who was in P4 with J.R, and is now good buddies with Alex.  I asked J.R. to sign her card, and I was very impressed to see what he did on his own.  AND...he now signs for Alex!  Pretty cute.

Alex sat on my lap almost the entire birthday party.  It was heartbreaking watching her friends try and talk her into coming to play with them, just to have her tell them "NO!"

I can't get over how long and blonde Alex's hair has become!  I'm sort of glad she won't let us trim it, as those cute little curls and waves at the end might surely disappear.  I'm jealous!

We got an update from Devin this weekend and she said she is "starting to feel normal." This is great news, and we were happy to see this picture of her with Frito.  Looking Good!

Mom and Dad came over Saturday night to watch the kids so that Jeff and I could visit one of our new favorite breweries and have a little adult time.  Thanks Mom and Dad!  A food truck was visiting and we enjoyed some fried bread (forget what they were called) with our beers.  Yum!

This little pup named Elsa was visiting the brewery while we were there. So cute!

Sunday morning we rolled out of bed (After the Daylight Saving clock change), and went to pick up donuts!  I went and ran a 5K afterwards.  Jeff? Not so much.  LOL

Donut Face!

We decided to pack the kids up and head to Ikea in Denver for our very first visit.  We made the mistake of actually trying to furniture shop WITH the kids and HUNGRY.  Bad, bad, BAD idea.  We didn't make it very far in decision making before we decided to eat, and then drop the kids off with their free daycare service.  Alex went without any hesitation (which was odd).  They have a 60-minute time limit so although we didn't get much done...it was better than nothing!  And both kids had a blast and wanted to go back!

We ended up leaving Ikea with a few lamps, some frames, and a squirt bottle. Ha!

The rest of our Sunday evening was spent just hanging out. The kids went right to bed after skipping naps for the day (a good idea), but were still sound asleep 11 hours later this morning.  They never sleep 11 hours! What the...?  We had to wake up a very cranky JR.  Monday's are rough for this kid!  All weekend long he reminds us how much he loves "stay-at-home" days. He also complains about the cold quite often.  This child is going to find a way to move to Arizona or FL and retire at 25.  I just know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment