Monday, September 15, 2014

Trip to the ER!

Okay. So. MONDAY evening...
THIS happened:

Yep. That is ME. Curled up on a bed in the EMERGENCY ROOM. Mom and Dad came to pick Alex and I up from daycare Monday afternoon...to discover ME, sleeping on the couch. Weird, right? Well...that was BEFORE they found out that I had an Accident Report and it was for hitting my head. )-: No need to panic though, right? So...we got home, and I just wasn't acting myself. I was completely pale, wasn't getting off the couch, and fell asleep (again). So THEN Mom started to freak out. She called the on-call pediatrician and they told her to go ahead and take me in to the ER. So, as I was getting buckled in my car seat...I puked. On the way to the ER, Mom talked to the teacher that witnessed the event. It turns out I was "horsing around" with another little boy, and he pushed me into a bookshelf. Ms. Chrissy claimed that it did not look like a "concussion fall," but we decided to go ahead and go and get checked out. I fell asleep in the car, and I fell asleep in the waiting room. And you know what? As SOON as the ER doctor came into visit me...I immediately perked up. I talked to him in full detail about what happened, I was smiling and laughing, and my color came back. Oh! And I gladly took a popsicle from the doctor. The doc claimed that he was not at all concerned that I had any sort of head injury, and thought that *maybe* I had a stomach virus or ate something that disagreed with me. So...we were sent home. Shortly after getting home...I puked again! But that...was the end of it! I started acting completely normal! I slept in Mom and Dad's room so that they could keep an eye on me, and I woke up just perfectly normal Tuesday morning. Weird, right?
And that was the end of that.

Aside from the excitement Monday night...we ended up having a fairly normal week. Mom picked Alex and I up early on Wednesday for Fro Yo!

On Saturday, we hung out with Dad while Mom had a lovely lunch and shopping date with her girlfriends. They went to a little place called Brother Luck, and this is the aftermath:

Saturday was beautiful! So we grilled steak on the grill, and took it easy Saturday evening. Alex, petting Molly and watching UP on the iPad:

On Sunday, we got up and got ready and went to Einstein Bagels for Breakfast. Then, we met Gavin and Family at the North Pole for a day of fun. The weather was absolutely perfect, and we all had a great time:




Mom and Dad were SO proud of Alex! She completely came out of her shell and rode almost EVERY ride! She had been refusing to ride most rides until now. She rode everything 2-3 times! And begged for more! We were all so happy to see her really enjoying herself and participating. She LOVED riding the cars with Dad. "Gin! Gin!"

Pretty girl!

See! All smiles!

Could not get her OUT of the Rocket Ships:

Gavin and I...had a blast (of course).

Ice Cream break before we headed out:


I got another really lengthy chat in with Santa. Mom and Dad learned that he actually LIVES in the park! And feeds the reindeer when the park is closed! And helped a bear cub out of his little fenced in yard a few weeks back! And was one of the first people to call 911 when the Waldo Canyon Fire started a few years ago. Crazy!

"Take a picture of me on this Mushroom!"


It was just so beautiful after dinner...Alex and Mom HAD to go for a walk to the park.

Alex just HAD to pose on the rocks, again. LOL:


Mom decided to change up her exercise schedule this week, so she is going to have more time with us in the evenings...and more time to get back to cooking dinner! I'm starting a 7-week Fall Soccer session on Wednesday afternoon at a park near by. Not much else going on! Just going to enjoy these last few weeks of Summer...or Fall...or whatever we have going on right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment