Last Wednesday, Alex and I went with Mom to a "VIP Kids Event" at The Egg and I. We got there early enough...that we had the playroom they had set-up to ourselves. We also got to decorate our own pancakes!
"Yes...we would like a little pancake with our candy for breakfast."
I had my own personal assistant who kept setting up bowling pins for me. Score!
Alex decided she was over her fear of balloons (thank goodness), and also had a great time.
Pin the tail on the Egg!
We had a great breakfast, and enjoyed getting dropped off much later than usual for daycare. It was a pretty short day, as Mom picked up both Alex and I for swimming lessons. Alex completely freaked out in the dressing room when a lady turned on the hair dryer while Mom was trying to get me ready.
Alex loved watching my lesson! She sat quietly on mom's lap the entire time and watched as Ms. Christiana practiced with me.
On Thursday, we had "Donuts with Dad" at school. So, Dad and Grandpa got to watch a little performance by my class, and enjoy some donuts for an afternoon snack. Dad picked up Alex from her classroom, and she got to join my class for the fun.
I got to go to Trampoline World with my class on Friday, and apparently had a great time. Friday evening on our way to the park...we noticed our neighbors had a bounce house set up! I enjoyed jumping and making some friends with some neighborhood kids while Dad and Alex ventured on down to the park.
On Saturday morning, we went to my friend Savannah's 4th Birthday part at Little Monkey Bizness. It was a nice, quiet, and small birthday party...and Alex warmed up nicely. She even got brave enough to let me help her to the top of the play gym!
Savannah's Birthday party had a "Frozen" theme!
Savannah and I being totally silly.
It is hard to see in this picture, but that is Alex! Yes, Alex! Making her way to the very top of the play gym. And she got herself all the way back down, too! Without freaking out! Go Alex! Dad was a little worried he was going to have to find a way up there if she decided she wasn't having it. Phew!
Alex and I took long afternoon naps, and then woke up to some beautiful weather. So, we decided to get out the water table and get in our swim suits. Bad idea. Within 30 minutes, a cold front moved in and it got really chilly and windy. Lame!
Enjoying the first 20 mins of warmth!
We were determined to stay outside!
And Mom captured this shot for blackmail, or my high school yearbook my senior year. HAHAHHAHAHH
We finished off our evening relaxing, and Dad went to meet a buddy for some "guy time" as an early Father's Day present.
Sunday, was Father's Day! We let Dad sleep in until 10:00. Then, we woke him up with cards and dragged him to Einstein Bagels for...bagels!
We made a quick stop at the park at Rudy Elementary, and came home for naps. Alex and I napped for THREE hours! And Mom got to nap also! On Father's Day! Amazing.
Grandma and Grandpa came over for dinner and to visit! Burgers on the grill, sweet corn, potato salad, beans, and OMG CHOCOLATE FRENCH SILK PIE FOR DESSERT. Yum!
Grandpa waiting patiently for his pie:
Grandma has always known how to cut some generous slices!
It was a very nice visit with Grandma and Grandpa.
Alex and I have a lot going on this week at school. My "Splash Day" is happening today, and Alex has one tomorrow. I also have a field trip to the park, and a pottery workshop on Friday! We will be visiting The Loomis family on Saturday for their house warming party. Hope everyone has a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment