Thursday, May 1, 2014

Nanny and Adie Visit

We had a pretty good end to our week last week, and a good visit with Nanny and Adie who came in for the weekend. I had my 2nd swimming lesson LAST Wednesday...and it was...a bit traumatic! I basically cried and protested and whined the entire time. Mom is happy to report that my swimming lesson last night (my 3rd lesson) went SO much better. I definitely asked to get out of the pool a few times, but I was much more relaxed and much more open and willing to listen to Ms. Christiana, who was VERY pleased and impressed with how well I was moving along this week. All very good news! I might have been...well, highly motivated by the Matchbox Truck waiting for me when I got home...but hey, it was my little light at the end of the tunnel. Now, Mom has to come up with another bribe for the next few lessons. LOL.

Nanny and Adie drove straight through on Friday, and arrived at our house around dinner time on Friday night. Ms. Alex warmed right up to Nanny:

We heard the weather was going to get poopie on Sunday, so we rearranged our plans a bit and decided to take them up to Green Mountain Falls on Saturday morning for breakfast at The Pantry and some park time afterwards.


A waffle the size of my head!

Alex has been REALLY well-behaved here lately when going out to eat. Yay!

We got to feed the ducks up close and personal around the park lake. One came right up to me and took some bread out of my hand!



We all had a great time in the sunshine and did the right thing by switching days. Sunday was blah!



Mom and Dad had their engagement pictures done in this same area back in April of 2007. How fast time flies!

Alex and I took naps, and when we woke up...our neighbors from across the street gifted us with a huge amount of fresh mulch for our yard! They ordered too much, and we were happy to take it off their hands...they even helped get it all in place. Such a nice surprise and nice neighbors! During the process...this guy wondered into the backyard when the gate was open...a gate that is NEVER open. What are the chances?

According to the Humane Society...his name was Mister Bo. He seemed to answer to it okay! He was such a friendly and well-behaved pup, that we were sure he had a family looking for him. So, we called the Humane Society and they came to take him home. We never saw his picture posted on the Humane Society Lost and Found website...so I think his delivery was successful.

We sure did enjoy his visit...Moses especially! Moses just couldn't leave poor Bo alone for 5 seconds. They played HARD.

Checking out the facelift our yard got with the fresh mulch:


Grandma and Grandpa joined us for dinner that night...BBQ sandwiches, potato salad, and some super yummy corn on the cob.

On Sunday...the weather went yuck, so we were cooped up in the house most of the day. Mom and Nanny decided to take Alex and I to the mall for a bit so we could burn off some energy. Mom got this extreme close-up of Alex playing in the kids play area. HA!

Alex and I being Alex and I:

On Monday, Alex and I went to daycare while Mom and Dad went and had some "adult time" with Nanny and Adie. Their day included craft beer and some yummy food from Bristol Brewery and Nano 108 Brewery. It was a good time for them.

Nanny and Adie left bright and early Tuesday morning for their journey back to Fort Worth. Maybe we will see them again this year!

Teacher Appreciation Week is coming up...and we are ready to go!


As I mentioned...swimming lessons went WAY better last week. I did a great job of moving forward on my belly with my head in the water, and flipping to my back to float. They call this "The Starfish" and Ohana Swim School guarantees that I will be able to do this after 10 lessons. Well, after just 3...I'm already doing it...so it looks like Mom won't be getting her money back! LOL



This weekend we are going to watch Mr. Shawn (Gavin's Daddy) test for his black belt. Mom has a ladies night out with some of her friends, and Alex and I have a birthday party to go to on Sunday afternoon. Then, Mommy's Uncle and Aunt are going to come over and visit for a bit on Sunday night. They are visiting from Ohio, and decided to stop in on their way to Las Vegas. Should be a fun and busy weekend. OH! And the weather is supposed to be nice also. YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment