Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend Wrap-Up

We all had a great end to our week, and a wonderful weekend (minus the snow--YES, SNOW). Last Wednesday, Alex spiked another random fever on Wednesday...so she stayed home with Mom all day. She was fine again (low grade) on Thursday. So weird that she keeps doing this! I had my 4th swimming lesson on Thursday night. You guys...I did...AMAZING. I was floating and learning my turns from my back to the front, so that I could swim and then flip again to my back. I have the floating on my back thing down pretty good with no assistance...and I have learned how to relax. Mom and Ms. Christiana were very impressed that I was practicing my swim, and became short on air...so I automatically came up and went to my back. I'm doing all the skills that are guaranteed by the 10th lesson, when attending classes twice a week! Mom and Dad are super proud of me, and I'm gaining my confidence and trust and starting to enjoy swimming lessons. What a difference just two weeks makes! Ms. Christiana was able to snap a few pictures of me in the water up close and personal. Clearly, you can see that I'm not sad at all!

This position is called "Streamline."

They call the position on your back when you are floating "Starfish."

Mom is super excited to see how the next few lessons progress.

Since yesterday was Mother's Day, Alex and I did "Muffins with Mom" on Thursday afternoon. My class sang a sweet little song, and Alex joined us for the muffins. A friend snapped this picture of the 3 of us.

After Muffins with Mom, Daddy came home with these beautiful flowers for Mom. They make the entire house smell like a florist! So beautiful.


On Friday evening, we went to Panera for dinner...and then walked over to Best Buy and Whole Foods for some window shopping. Alex and I both enjoyed watching the latest and greatest TV that was sitting out for demo.

Yep...this is how Alex "rolls" at Best Buy!


On Saturday, I got my haircut and we went out to lunch. We asked Alex if she was interested in a haircut and she said "NOOOOO!!" She might be 6 until she finally gets a trim. On Saturday afternoon, Auntie K came over to visit. We had dinner, and later...Mr. Trent joined us.

Sunday was Mother's Day! Mom didn't capture ANY pictures! Alex, myself, AND Moses slept in until 7:30 am! Best Mother's Day gift EVER. We had breakfast, and then Mom met Auntie K for coffee and a treat at Panera. Mom did some shopping on her own, and we spent the afternoon together. Alex and I got Mom a Starbucks Gift Card...he FAV! Ms. Nikki came over around 5, and Mom and Dad went to Texas Roadhouse for a quiet dinner. Texas Roadhouse was PACKED, and Mom and Dad got lucky when a bartender found them and recruited them to come sit at the bar. They shared some prime rib and thoroughly enjoyed their dinner, and were home in time to put Alex and I to bed. Mom claims she had a wonderful day, minus the Spring snow storm that came through yesterday and is still hanging around today. We all knew we jinxed it by taking out the patio furniture! Hopefully this really is the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment