Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Happy Birthday to ME! I'm FOUR years old!

Well. I'M OFFICIALLY 4 YEARS OLD NOW! Yep. The BIG Four. I'm totally stoked about it, and my Birthday has been a great conversation starter these past few days. I make sure that anyone I meet (including Santa and complete strangers in random lines and restaurants), knows that I'm four now. I even practiced my Show-And-Tell Introduction with my new age a couple of times this past weekend. "My name is J.R. I'm FOUR years old. I live in Colorado Springs, CO..." Pretty exciting.

We had a pretty good end to last week, and wrapped up most of our colds in the house. Picture taken of Alex and I enjoying time RIGHT next to each other on the couch Saturday morning:

We decided to get out of the house Saturday afternoon. Took a trip to the mall to look at shoes (impossible), and tried to go out to eat (also impossible), so we took food home with us Saturday evening and that was that!
And then again...Sunday morning (Alex and I enjoying each other’s company):


And Alex made a B-Line for my fresh underwear out of the dryer (again), and put them on her head. She LOVES wearing them around. Maybe it would be wise if Mom just bought her a hat of her own?






Sunday was my PARTY day!! Woot! So, while Alex and I were napping, Mom drove around like a crazy person and picked up soda, cake, and balloons!
My balloons were super anxious to get their party on while Mom was trying to drive. LOL (don't worry everyone...the car was not in actual motion at the time this picture was taken):

My Birthday Party? WAS AWESOME. It was held at Trampoline World (formerly known as Art Sports...where Cortland had his Birthday party 2 years ago...when I had RSV and could not attend). Almost all of my buddies, and Grandpa & Grandma were there to help me celebrate. All the kids ran around like crazy people for the first hour. Jumping on the trampolines, playing in the foam pit, and playing on the equipment WORE us all out. Here are quite a few pictures snapped during the "play time" portion of my party.
Alex had a great time...towards the end she was a little "over it" and ONLY wanted to be held by Daddy.


Gwynies!

My Buddy Riley, and his sister Rebecca came to party!

Dad and Alex watching all the action:

Ms. Lyssa and Kelly came with their little crew!

Foam pit action:




Ms. Junior and Baby Cami!

After our playtime, we all met in the party room for pizza, drinks, Birthday cake, and the present opening frenzy!






Checking out my gift table:







Grandma, Grandpa, Alex, Ms. Larissa and Gwyn all enjoying the party:


Oooh! Birthday cake time! I had a fantastic dinosaur cake (Mom failed to get a good shot of it), but it was awesome and I was very impressed with the volcano on top of it.



Luckily, Dad caught video of everyone singing "Happy Birthday to me." Only took me two tries to get that candle out!











Party guests enjoying their cake and having fun (from Left to Right) Gabriel, James, and Jameson:

Auntie Amber, Cortland, and Ms Junior!

Trent and Auntie K!

Jameson and I:

It was a whirl wind, I tell ya! I had a great time, and requested that I have my 5th Birthday Party at Trampoline world "in a few months." Alex and I continued having fun after we got all my presents unloaded and unpackaged. I LOVED my noisy Transformers card from Gavin and listened to it over, and over, and over, and over....

...and over again.

After I went to bed (late), Mom and Dad stayed up to put my new train table together. All set-up Sunday night...will never look this perfect again as long as two little kids have access to it. LOL.

Monday was my OFFICIAL Birthday. I woke up and had an urgency to go downstairs. Mom reminded me that it was NOT Christmas morning...but I still insisted on going downstairs "to look around for surprises." Sure enough! I rounded the corner from the kitchen and found my train table! Mom and Dad had a proud parenting moment when (unprompted), I told them "Thank you for the Train Table!! Let's do Birthday hugs!" & I gave them each BIG squeeze hugs.

Alex has also thoroughly enjoyed living up to her reputation as "BABYZILLA!!!" She loves to destroy everything. And cry when she doesn't get her way:

And play with the trains on the walls:

And pretty much tear everything to pieces. Sigh. Oh Well!

Mom went out and picked up donuts (and Starbucks):

Alex chowing down and making a mess:

And after breakfast...we headed up to Santa's Workshop @ The North Pole. It was...AMAZING. We had the entire park to ourselves. The weather was absolutely beautiful. I got some special "one-on-one" time with Santa. He was waiting for me when we first walked in the main entrance, and I went RIGHT up to him. He picked me up, and we chatted about it being my Birthday for a bit. It was pretty special:



We rode all our typical rides, and I covered my ears (per usual) when we went through the tunnel on the lawnmower cars:


As we were walking my Santa's house...Santa called my name and said, "J.R!!! Are you going to come and visit me at my home?" Why...HECK YES, Santa! So I sat in a little rocking chair, and we had a nice, long chat.

I admired all of his toys, and his artwork, and we talked about Christmas. Alex wanted NOTHING to do with coming too close to Santa, so she stayed in the entry way to his home. I later joined him on his lap...but Mom didn't snap any pictures of my lap time. It was pretty amazing...probably got more time with Santa than most kids get in a LIFE time.

On to more rides! Alex and Mommy on the train:


Lunch break!





Riding the carousel:


Alex is about 1" short to ride most the rides...but totally mature enough to sit still and understand the concept of riding a ride, and behave herself. So, Mom just walked her on the rides the last half of the day...and nobody questioned her height. She had a BLAST, and we both rode most rides 4 x each!

FOUR!










Mommy and her handsome Birthday Boy:


It was a fantastic way to spend my Birthday with my family. Future birthday's are going to be TOUGH to beat! Alex and I napped the entire way home (we lasted until 2:45), and we cooked dinner and got ready for the week ahead. I'm so extremely grateful to have such great family, and friends...and so fortunate to receive so many thoughtful gifts. I asked Mommy if "I could be 4 again tomorrow?"

This next weekend is Gavin's Birthday Party (on Saturday). We were born just 6 days apart! Hope everyone has a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment