Ms Kelly captured TONS of pictures of Alex at school last week:
Alex decided to model my shoes without any pants!
I LOVE my Hulk mask from Auntie K and Trent. Totally freaky:
Alex and I watched The Polar Express while Dad went out for some "dude time" on Saturday (never too early for The Polar Express!). Texas and OK were playing football against each other...so he couldn't pass up the opportunity to watch the game with Gavin's Dad.
Auntie K and Trent came over for pizza Saturday afternoon, and we stayed up late visiting and catching up. On Sunday, Gavin turned FOUR! He had his Birthday party at Little Monkey Bizness. Alex and I had a blast running around with our friends.
Gwyn found something above her very interesting:
Time for cake and presents and celebrating!
I made sure to stay RIGHT by Gavin's side during the entire present opening process. Needed to make sure I was there for him in case he needed any "extra help."
Gwyn was the only one that stayed put and quietly enjoyed her HUGE slice of Birthday cake (-:
Gavin had a cool Monster Truck Birthday cake. Happy Birthday to my BFF!
On Monday, my daycare was closed for a teacher training day. So, Mom decided to schedule my 4-year check-up Monday morning. Oh, buddy. I was SUPER excited to go and see Dr. Reich. Apparently, I have had NO memory of anything unpleasant happening in her office. I was all smiles and giggles and participated EXTREMELY well in everything Nurse Sue and Dr. Reich wanted me to do. I passed an eye test with flying colors...a test that only about 50% of 4-year olds are mature enough to complete. I also did a couple tests with Dr. Reich, and she told Mom that she was VERY impressed as "quite a few 5-year olds have a hard time following the directions." I got my blood pressure taken this year (that was new).
I also built a castle waiting for Dr. Reich to come see me.
My height and weight stats!
Weight: 32.8 pounds (15th percentile)
Height: 39 3/4 inches (37th percentile)
(and while Dr. Reich was writing my current dosages for Tylenol and Motrin, I decided I would practice my letters on the same sheet of paper). Hey! When you see an opportunity you must take it!
A few minutes before the end of my appointment...Daddy showed up with Alex. Alex was due for her flu shot. I was due for my MMR shot. Mommy tried to prep me a little bit about what was coming...that I was going to get a shot...that it was going to sting a little bit...and that it would be done and over super fast...and I would get a special treat. Well...I don't think I REALLY understand what was about to go down. So, Nurse Sue plopped me up on the counter, pulled up my sleeve...and wasted NO time sticking that sucker straight into my arm. Ummm. Let's just say...I TOTALLY FREAKED OUT AND DECIDED THAT WAS SOOOOO NOT COOL!!! I immediately tried to grab the shot from Nurse Sue and pull it from her hand! Mom was NOT prepared for my reaction either. I was pretty upset. Alex was already crying as she knew what was coming her way. So, both of us were crying and upset upon our departure. I said to Mommy on our way out, "I NEVER WANT TO COME BACK HERE AGAIN." Too bad I'm due for 3 more shots before Kindergarten in two years! Ahhhh!!!! We went out to lunch after my appointment, and home for naps after lunch. I have mentioned the trumatizing experience that went down yesterday about 92 within 24-hours. Mom was hoping that I might forget about it between now and my 5-year check-up? HAHAHAHAHAH. FAT CHANCE.
No comments:
Post a Comment