Monday, June 17, 2013

Another COS Fire, Cami Turns ONE, Father's Day 2013

Well. How do I begin? We had ANOTHER fire in Colorado Springs last week, just a few weeks short of the one year Anniversary of the Waldo Canyon Fire that took place last summer. So far, 480 homes have been completely lost due to the forest fire. What we all thought was a "once-in-a-lifetime" event last year, has happened again. Mom & Dad's company was in the voluntary evacuation zone last week, so they were told to stay home and not come in to work. They actually got quite a bit done around the house during that time. Our thoughts will remain with those who lost their home, their irreplaceable belongings, and their family pets and animals.

Other than the devastation from the fire, we had a fairly okay week. On Monday evening, we visited our buddies at the neighborhood pond:


They love tortilla's and bread almost as much as I love chocolate:


Tuesday afternoon was when Dad spotted the smoke plume from Mom's office window. They got quite a few pictures of the smoke driving home Tuesday afternoon (just like they did LAST year on that Tuesday afternoon the fire came roaring down the mountain on the west side). Eerie. Very Eerie.





Nobody had any idea what Tuesday night, and most of Wednesday would bring to the Black Forest area.

On Friday afternoon, I had a visit with Dr. Reich to discuss how we can get my digestive system functioning better. Thursday night was really, really rough for me in the #2 department. I couldn't eat, and I was crying and groaning and really, really uncomfortable. Mom called the afterhours care number, and she was able to get some Over The Counter stuff to help me out, but it was agreed that we have to start improving things for the long-term. I'm going to start drinking Aloe Vera Juice daily, and have a lot more fiber added to my diet. I tell ya...ever since I had a little help getting cleared out...I have been eating NON STOP.

On Saturday, we celebrated Cami's FIRST Birthday. Alex was napping, so Dad stayed behind with her while Mom and I went to the party. We had a great time playing in the bouncy house, enjoying some yummy food and snacks, and visiting with friends. I think Cami had a great time also!
Cooling Mr. Jason off with a mister. It was HOT.

Birthday Girl Cami playing in the shade:


Aren't I handsome?

I took this picture of Auntie A:

Bounce house!

Ms. Cami doing some self-portraits! Her Grandma Kathie snuck her a cupcake!

Cupcake aftermath clean-up:


Auntie A and C-Man:

Cortland and I had a BLAST playing with the water table. Mom is going to have to get Alex and I one of these for the summer!


Mr. Jason and the Birthday Girl:

It was a great party. After the party I came home and took a short nap. Then, we were off to The Loomis' house for pizza and playtime while the Dad's went out for some beers and pizza! My Grandpa and Gavin's Grandpa even joined in on the fun. An early Father's Day Celebration, if you will. They had a great time while Alex and I played and chowed down.

Sunday was Father's Day! Dad was treated with the gift of SLEEP, a custom coffee mug, some school pictures of Alex and I, and some gift cards so he can go shopping. Dad reported that he had a GREAT day.
Happy Father's Day to my great Daddy, Grandpa, Granddaddy, and Adie!

After naptime we went to Rizuto's for ice cream. They were not nearly as crowded as they were last weekend so we got to sit inside and enjoy our yummy soft serve.


Did I mention Alex loves ice cream? Especially the sprinkles!


Daddy is NOT posing...he just likes to admire my baby sister and all of her cuteness.

Grandma and Grandpa came over for dinner. Mom made a breakfast casserole, hashbrowns, and Grandma brought a tasty fruit salad. It was perfect, and Mom is bummed she didn't capture any photos.

Oh! & here is some of the photos that were sent to Mom last week from Ms. Lyssa in Alex's classroom: Alex and Gwyn having lunch (I guess Ms. Lyssa was trying to make them smile but wasn't having such luck). Tough crowd!

Alex having a blast splashing away:

Enjoying a popsicle (her very first) on a hot day in the shade:

Alex and her classmates lined up looking at books:

Yogurt mess!

Alex and her classmates lined up outside watching a fire truck go by:

Pretty girl!


Ms. Sassy Pants:

My class picture also came in--I can name everyone in the picture quite well.

This week we are having our landscaping done! We can't wait to have our yard looking nice, and pictures will be posted here once the work is complete. They are estimating it will only take ONE day (tomorrow), but we will see if that actually happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment