On Friday night we visited with some "old" friends and some "new" friends, and this group included our neighbors from across the street, and some of Mom's old hockey buddies. The neighbors from across the street have 3 little boys, ages 8, 6, and one that is just about 6 weeks older than Alex. We ate pizza and made ice cream sundaes and had a fun time running around outside. Everyone played very well together...hardly ANY tears and no tattle-taling. It was quite pleasant for all involved, and we all enjoyed hanging out with some new friends.
On Saturday, Alex decided she wanted to get in the St. Patrick's Day spirit and decorate herself in beads:
Don't bother asking her how she acquired all those beads! LOL.
Party Girl!!!
On Saturday evening, we decided to go to the little sports bar up the street for dinner. I had my own personal TV with Nick Jr! Score!
On Sunday morning (St. Patty's Day), Dad woke up early and went and picked up some fresh DONUTS. He thought we all needed a treat.
"Mmmm...this ain't so bad."
(The fresh fruit offsets all the sugary goodness, you see):
After Alex had her morning nap, and Mom and Dad did their Sunday chores...we decided to pack up and go to the zoo. As we were leaving, it appeared that it was possibly snowing on the west-side of town. We decided to commit, and we were glad we did. The weather was very nice for early spring. When the wind picked up it got a little chilly, but nothing we couldn't manage with a few fleece jackets and blankets.
Checking out the Giraffe's:
Alex had a GREAT TIME. She is so much more aware and excitable this time around. She truly likes to watch the animals roaming about, and will clap and talk and point and make noises. We will be planning on many more zoo trips this season.
Below is a picture of one of the zoo's NEW babies! This was Juku and he was born at the end of January (this year). He was soooo cute and fun to watch:
Watching the Meerkats:
Once came right up to us to say "Wassssssup???"
Here we are checking out the NEW Elephant Barn. The zoo has quite a bit of "new" things going on, including the Elephant Barn. Some of the new attractions will be opening this summer. Can't wait!
Having fun in a "new" airplane that will be part of the elephant expansion:
We took a break for a "snack." Well, it was a giant cookie the size of my head! Talk about a sugar-filled day! After our giant cookie snack break, we all rode the Merry-Go-Round. Alex LOVED it (here she is looking around in amazement as Dad and I rode a horse right behind Mom and Alex).
Alex and I had fun playing in their play-area...
She loved going through the tunnels and having me chase her around...
We were able to see many of the large cats that we really haven't been able to see in the past. Maybe it's because when we usually go it is in the morning...or because it is usually warmer and the tiger's like to be lazy when it is hot? Either way...we LOVED being able to see them awake and alert (look closely and you can see the Tiger):
Standing next to the GIANT bear...I look so...tiny!
Watching the otter's play and swim was also a hit. This one kept launching off the glass bubble so Mom was able to get a good picture. Too funny!
I of course...ZONKED out on the way home. We had a great time.
When Alex was ready for her evening bottle (yes...she still takes ONE bottle a day...and it is right before bed), I asked if I could feed it to her. I took this task VERY seriously:
Mom even captured some video...
I'm still so good with her, you guys. I'm very kind and gentle with her, always asking about her...concerned about her happiness and needs...I offer her sips of my water and bring her toys. I get upset when she is upset, telling mom things like "Please pick her up! She is crying!" I want to feed her, bring her pacifiers, and help dress her. Mom and Dad are constantly amazed about what a great big brother I continue to be.
Hope everyone has a great week! Not much on the agenda, but I'm sure something will pop up (-:
No comments:
Post a Comment