We lost an hour of sleep due to Daylight Savings this weekend. You don't really feel it Sunday morning when you get to sleep until you naturally wake up...but MONDAY MORNING? YUCK. YAWN. WHINE. WOE. SAD FACE. This was me this morning as I was NOT happy about being woken up at 7 am (felt like 6 am).
I actually told Daddy, "I need more sleep."
I was able to pull myself together after Mom let me pick out my favorite shirt and pants to wear to school today. The extra hour of daylight will be nice in the evenings, once the weather warms up a bit. We are all looking forward to evening walks and trips to the park.
I ended last week by bringing one of my favorite books to Show & Tell. This was given to my for my Birthday last October by The LaSavio Family (who are faithful Blog Readers). Thanks again, guys!
Alex had to be taken in for her Chicken Pox vaccination on Friday afternoon. She started crying the minute we walked into the exam room. She knew EXACTLY what was coming her direction. She did really well, and only cried for a couple of minutes.
After Mom went to Kickboxing on Saturday morning, we decided to bake a cake! We had some Trader Joe's Yellow Cake Mix that needed to be used up...so a bakin' we decided to do.
"Mommy? Can I test the frosting/"
Mmmmm.
All the way from Kansas City!
Luckily Alex and I were available to "help clean the spoons."
Tough job, but SOMEBODY has to do it.
We decided not to follow any of the typical "High Altitude" modifications...and the center was a little sunk in and it was a little crumbly. Didn't look PERFECT, but trust me...it was still highly edible.
Gavin and his family came over Saturday night for pizza and fun! I love seeing my buddy, and Mom even caught Alex and Gwyn playing together! They were chasing each other around, and it was pretty darn cute.
We took Sunday morning pretty easy. After naps, we packed up and went bike shopping. Mom had some employer bike money she needed to use up, so she picked up a new mountain bike and a couple of bike helmets. We hope to get out and use them this spring and summer.
Modeling my new helmet:
We had tacos for Sunday Dinner (I know...Mom cooked...on a Sunday...totally weird).
Alex's favorite food to make a complete mess out of here lately has been APPLESAUCE. She just won't stop "asking" for the applesauce container so that she can play and gobble it all up on her own terms. What a mess!
I of course, had a sandwich and would not TOUCH the tacos. Pickiest. Eater. Ever.
Mom and Dad have Parent-Teacher conferences this afternoon, so they get some one-on-one time with Ms. Colleen to see how I have been doing. I have a haircut appointment with Ms. Larraine tomorrow evening...and we don't have much planned for the rest of the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment