YUCK!! It got REALLY bad, overnight, and she ended up getting it much worse than I had it. She had to go to the Urgent Care to get some eye drops with steroids to bring down the terrible swelling and redness. Within an hour of getting her drops, she looked SO much better.
The next morning (big difference):
Late Wednesday night, and early Thursday morning...we got some snow! Dad had an early "Birthday Massage" scheduled for Wednesday evening...and HE ALMOST DIDN'T MAKE IT HOME. Roads were closing and there were traffic jams and icy roads that caused some chaos. Luckily, he managed to "ninja" his way out of that mess in the ol' Honda Accord. He made it all the way home...just to get the Accord stuck in our driveway!! LOL. So close...
All the schools closed in the area on Thursday morning, and even our daycare went on a 2-hour delay. Mom debated on us all staying home, but decided that the main roads weren't too bad. It was nice to have a late start though!
Girl Scout Cookie Monster (Alex enjoying a Thin Mint after dinner Thursday night):
Friday, Feb 22nd was Dad's 38th Birthday. It was a bummer he had to work all day, but they managed to squeeze out and go pick up Dad's Birthday Cake from Boonzaaijer's Dutch Bakery on the west-side of Colorado Springs (same place where we got Alex's 1st Birthday cake). So many yummy treats!
Friday was also "National Margarita Day" so Mom and Dad grabbed a Birthday Margarita before picking up Alex and I:
We decided to go to Tucano's for Dad's Birthday dinner. Alex ate 4 x the amount I did, and REALLY enjoyed all the tasty food. I had...Honeydew Melon...and that was about it. Sigh.
BUT, I DID GRUB ON SOME BIRTHDAY CAKE after we got back home!
Singing Happy Birthday to Dad!
Blowing out his candle (singular---38 candles would have the cake torched in flames):
YUM!
Alex was not pictured, as she was already in bed (we got home kind of late from dinner):
Double layered yellow (vanilla) cake with a chocolate Bavarian cream in the middle, and a chocolate butter cream frosting on the outside. Yum!
And best Morning bed head goes tooo...
We decided to pick up Panera Bagels and go visit Gavin and Gwyn Saturday morning. Alex had a BLAST tormenting their kitty, and Gavin and I had a great time completely turning the entire living room upside down.
"What? Nothing to see here."
"Hi Kitty...you sure are one strange looking Pug."
Gavin is in a plastic case of EMOTION!!! LOL
Busy Busy Busy.
Mom and Ms. Larissa enjoyed some "Mommy-talk" while sipping on hot coffee. It was an enjoyable morning had by all. Alex took a super long nap afterwards, and so did I! Total success.
On Saturday evening, Mom and Dad met some friends at Old Chicago's. Dad's FAVORITE beer was still on tap, and since Grandma and Grandpa watched Alex and I...Dad was in total bliss being able to enjoy his beer in quiet. Ahhhh.
Mom sitting and trying to enjoy her breakfast...ton's of little BEGGERS!
On Sunday morning...we wrapped up the rest of my "Big Boy Bedroom Makeover!" Well...minus an 18" Spiderman that Dad ordered last week off of E-bay that will dangle from my ceiling. We hung the pictures over my bed, put up the Pin boards, and applied my spider web decal. It all looks super cool, and we are all very happy about the transformation from baby nursery, to Big Boy Bedroom! Here are some pictures of the details that we promised to share with you...
Dad is excellent at measuring and hanging:
Alex learning from THE BEST:
"Can I hammer something?"
Most adorable assistant EVER:
Here we have the finished accent wall (top picture), with the Spiderman Pin boards that I can customize with magnets and pictures, and anything else that I want to display. Above my bed, is the framed comic book art (lower picture) that we went and picked up at the little comic book store downtown.
Close-up of my pin boards:
Pictured below is the super cool spider web and spider decal that Mom found on ETSY. I love it! Let's hope I don't grow to have a fear of spiders...
On the left is my "Skyscraper" night light AND lamp from Pottery Barn Kids. The bottom has a nightlight in it, the top acts as a regular "lamp" and one or the other can be on or off at the same time. To the right, is my dresser with my new alarm clock, and my vintage Spiderman posters hung above it.
On the left, is a picture of my Pottery Barn Spiderman Bedding set (sheets and quilt) that Dad found on Ebay. Basically, we ended up finding the sheets "for free!" To the right, is my nightstand with a picture of my family and a set of 100 "Vintage" Comic Book postcards.
This picture shows my decorate light switch covers, and the super cool Spiderman tin picture that Dad found on Amazon.
This picture shows my nursery letters...that were "redone" to match my Vintage Spiderman theme. Mom took "the insides" of the comic books they picked up downtown, and made a collage and "modpodged" them on to my old nursery letters. They turned out great. The picture below that shows my framed comic book covers that hang above my bed.
The picture below shows "poster-sized" covers, of a few of the FIRST EVER released Spiderman comic book covers. They hang above my dresser. We bought one at the little comic book store downtown, and Dad found the other at a website called asgardprints.com. Pretty cool!
My dresser and posters:
Panoramic view(s) of my completed bedroom...might be a bit difficult to see(click on the actual picture for a Bigger view):
As I mentioned...a Spiderman is on order that will hang from my ceiling, and we might do a few more little things here and there, but we all really like how it turned out. I don't think Mom and Dad would have guessed that it would have taken so long to do everything, but HEY. That is life with two little ones! Someone is always napping, needing to be fed, needing to be entertained, or needing to be held! (-:
The rest of our Sunday afternoon was spent at home, enjoying the warmth inside while it was blowing snow like crazy outside. Alex got a "pink" bath (isn’t' that the cutest little baby behind you have ever seen?"):
Mom and I snuggled on the couch and watched Toy Story:
& after chili and cinnamon rolls for dinner...we all decided to color and be crafty!
Even Dad decided to get in on the coloring fun!
Hope everyone has a fantastic week! Mom and I are going to celebrate Cortland's 6th Birthday tomorrow night, and I don't think we have much more planned for the week. Hope everyone has a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment