Lined up with my classmates waiting for the bus ride (which turns out, was my favorite part of the trip...just as Mom and Dad predicted it would be).
Waiting my turn to get on the bus...which was more like a shuttle, vs. a traditional "school bus."
Excited as can be...sitting next to my buddy, Logan. Mom had to drive separate as their were not enough seats on the bus for her to ride. My teacher's said I did FANTASTIC.
Once we arrived at the farm, we had fun with the group doing all sorts of things. We said "hello" to all the farm animals. Horses, a camel, pigs, chickens, ducks, goats, etc...
We went on a hayride (not exactly sure of the name of the little cutie sitting next to me on the hayride...but she is in my class and was very friendly towards Mom and I):
Checking out the goats:
I had mixed-feelings about the big jumpy thing this year (I had a BLAST last year when Dad jumped with me). Maybe there were just too many kids on it for my liking...but this is about the time when I started to do a lot of complaining and started getting rather cranky...
Train ride! Super fun.
On top of the hay barrels.
I was pretty far up there, you guys!
Riding the big swing with another classmate. Come to find out...the mother of this little girl...went to KINDERGARTEN thru 12TH grade with MOM!! Rudy, Sabin, and Doherty! Crazy, right?
Playing on the giant tires.
Then, shortly after playing on the tires and swing...Ms. Colleen decided we would go wait in the LONG LINE to go down the giant slide. There were a few other daycare centers visiting the farm, so it was PACKED with kids. I was *a little* confused as to WHY Mom and I couldn't just have a snack, go pick out our pumpkin, and GO HOME. I was tired. I was hungry. & I was DONE. So, as we were standing in the LONG line to go down the slide, I decided it was a perfect time to have THE MELTDOWN OF THE CENTURY. We are talking...rolling around on the ground hanging on mom...screaming...crying...temper tantrum. I was..."That Kid." Ms. Colleen tried to come by and snap me out of it by offering me a snack, but I wasn't having any of it. I would NOT listen to any reasoning Mom tried to offer, and was in a really poor state of mind. Normally, Mom would have calmly picked me up, gently put me in the car, handed me a snack and a drink, and we would have been on our merry way. BUT, since this was a "school sanctioned event" she could not do what she would have "normally" done in this type of situation. Actually, it never would have got to this point...had it just been Mom and I. So, my teacher had to ask Mom to leave so that she could gain full control of the situation, and I wasn't happy about THAT either. Mom literally had to walk away from me screaming "DON'T LEAVE MOMMY! I PROMISE I WILL STOP CRYING!!" She was very upset having to leave me like that, and so was I. I guess it was all just a little confusing for me, having Mom along with me when my teacher's were supposed to be 100% in charge. Maybe she will try again next summer when I'm a little older and can understand a bit more...what a field trip entails and that Mom is just along for the ride. Oh well!
On Wednesday evening, my school did a "Fall Festival." Lots of food and games and craft-making stations...it was fun!
Making a 3-Eyed Jack-O-Lantern:
Alex enjoying the scenery:
Just a couple of random bath shots from Thursday night...Alex LOVES her bath time. Don’t' you dare try and cut it short! LOL.
Splish Splash!
On Friday afternoon, Mom and Dad picked Alex and I up early for my 3-year well exam, and Alex's 9 month well exam. Mom gets super twitchy in Dr. Reich's office thinking about all the sick kids who have been touching and breathing and sneezing on everything. She must have sanitized our hands 18 times during the course of our visit. Ha!
You guys? I did...AWESOME. I was very pleasant and cooperative and didn't seem freaked out about ANYTHING. I had my blood pressure taken, was weighed, measured, and looked over by Dr. Reich. TWO hours in that tiny little room, and only ONCE did I ask, "When are we leaving this room?" Such a little trooper! I totally made up for the tantrum I threw at the farm.
Might as well have a snack in this germ-fest, right?
Alex did equally well, especially considering she was robbed of her afternoon nap. She only needed ONE shot (her flu shot), and I was able to get the flu mist...so no shots for me! Yay!
Alex keeping herself entertained with Mom's work badge.
Here are our current stats...you may have to click on them to actually see what is written.
Alexandrea:
Weight: 17 pounds, 1 ounce (25th percentile)
Height: 27 1/2 inches (50th percentile)
Head Circumference: 17 3/4 inches (75th percentile)
Jeffrey Robert:
Weight: 29.2 pounds (25th percentile)
Height: 37 1/2 inches (50th percentile)
Notice anything? BOTH Alex and I are in the 50th percentile for Height, and 25th percentile for weight! We are also both healthy as can be.
Just for compairison purposes...here were my stats at 9 months:
Weight: 18 pounds EVEN (50th percentile)
Length: 27 inches EVEN (50th percentile)
Head: 75th percentile.
Looks like my sister and I were pretty darn close at 9 months. After our appointment, we went home and enjoyed some of the beautiful Fall weather we have been having here in Colorado Springs.
Picture of the pretty bush in our backyard...it is BRIGHT RED. Looks pink here, but it is VERY pretty:
We decided to meet Grandma and Grandpa at Panera for dinner. I talked Mom into this lovely Pumpkin sugar cookie:
I don't think, so...Grandpa!
Mmmmmmmmm....(don't worry...I shared).
On Saturday morning, Mom and I went to a cool little place that just opened up here in town called "Little Monkey Bizness." I met my buddies James and Jameson, and we had a BLAST running around and climbing and playing. They have a HUGE jungle-gym thing, and plenty of space to run around and "be a kid."
Mom didn't have much luck getting any decent pictures...we were GO GO GO the entire time.
Let's just say I took an awesome nap on Saturday afternoon (-:
Oh! We also heard the ice cream van when we were outside playing, so we ventured to the front and we caught him as he was driving by! Score!
I picked out a "Shrek" ice cream treat. It was lime with grape gumballs for eyes. Pretty tasty! I only managed to eat about 1/4 of it, before I was done.
On Saturday evening, Ms. Nikki came over to play with Alex and I while Mom and Dad went out for a nice dinner at one of their favorite places: NOSH.
They had a good meal and really enjoyed their "alone time." Alex and I had fun with Ms. Nikki, and would love to have her back again.
Unfortunately, Mom woke up early on Sunday morning and wasn't feeling so well. She ended up being sick for a couple of hours in the middle of the night. She isn't sure if she caught a touch of a virus, or if she ate something bad. She spent most of Sunday taking it pretty easy. Dad insisted that she take a nap, and that helped a little bit.
She did decide to make Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars! Weird, right?
We also decided to take a wagon ride around the neighborhood. We were on a hunt for pumpkins and Halloween decorations. The weather was just soo perfect, we wish we could have bottled it up and saved it for another time.
Alex just loves going on a wagon ride. Her arms flap and she squeals the entire time.
Follow that wagon!
Our neighbors on the corner go ALL OUT for Halloween. Their decorations were out and we enjoyed looking at them.
Too funny!
This guy sort of creeped me out a bit. Mom got close to take a few pictures and I said "Mommy! Watch out!!" She was making me nervous!
He would jump up and making creepy monster noises. Way cool!
"You still there, Mom?"
We stopped at the park for some playtime and swing time. Alex decided she wanted to sit up a little better, and almost gave Mom a heart-attack.
Ms. Alex got to try out a sippy cup with dinner last night. She enjoyed "drinking like a big girl." Oh, and she LOVES shredded cheese!
We had a very fun, and busy week. We don't have as much going on this week...might try and find some indoor Halloween activities (since the weather is going to get REALLY cold). Other than that...hope everyone has a fantastic week!
No comments:
Post a Comment