This little sister of mine turned 9 MONTHS OLD on Saturday.
She is getting more and more hair. We aren't sure if she is going to go blonde, or have light brown hair like mine. Alex still isn't sleeping through the night on a consistent basis (last week she STTN TWO nights in a row), but we all love her anyway. She doesn't really seem to be that interested in crawling yet...which is OKAY. We don't want to rush her into being more mobile than she already is by rolling around. Mom gets a lot of comments about her demeanor being "very chill." She definitely lets you know when she is happy (by making your ear drum rattle with her high-pitched squeals), and she will let you know when she is sad or unhappy by belting out a few tears. Alex LOVES to be held and carried around, and is not a fan of being left to sit on the floor to play and entertain herself.
Mom caught some video of her laughing at Dad and I being silly on Saturday morning:
We are just loving getting to know this little girl so much everyday...we can't wait to see what the next 9 months have in store for her.
My gift box from Mumsie and Granddaddy arrived late last week. Hulk fists! Yeah!!
Dad has to keep reminding me that I'm not allowed to use them on anything that is alive or breakable.
Gavin also turned THREE on Saturday! We had plans to go to the Pumpkin Patch to celebrate his Birthday, but the farm ended up closing early in the afternoon due to high winds and rain. That's okay though! We ended up going to the Loomis' house and having a great time anyway. We played with all of Gavin's new Birthday presents, decorated pumpkins, and enjoyed pizza and cupcakes.
Alex and The Birthday Boy (Gavin loves Alex):
Decorating our pumpkins!
Gavin and I with the finished product:
Spider Pumpkins!
Gavin's Grandmother and Gwynie Gwyns. Gwyn is going to be turning ONE in about 3 weeks!
Singing Happy Birthday to Gavin:
Blowing out his candle.
Chowing down on cupcakes (the other little girl who joined the party was Gavin's friend, Sara...she turned 3 back in June):
You know it was good when it is ALL over your face:
Hey, Gavin...wrong end! LOL.
One of my best buddy's!
It was a great party and a great time. Happy THIRD Birthday, Gavin!!
On Sunday, we were up SUPER early (no surprise). So, we decided to grab breakfast at The Egg and I.
Alex enjoying some pancake:
Yes...my pancake was twice the size of my head...I had plenty to share!
Mom bribes me to pose with Dum Dum suckers. Hahahah.
I could be a model if I had access to an unlimited supply of marshmallows and candy.
After breakfast, we got TONS of stuff down in and around the house. Molly and Moses went to Petco for pedicures and baths. Boy do they smell nice and clean now! Mom claims it won't last long...after all, they are DOGS. Get all your sniffin' in now, people while they are still fresh!
Moses was awfully clingy after returning home from his spa treatment.
Maybe Moses was grateful that we came back to pick him up. LOL.
Too funny.
Later in the afternoon, we went to The Gump's House! It was Mr. Jason's Birthday, so we decided it was a good idea to visit and celebrate with them. Mr. Jason turned 32 (he is almost exactly 6 weeks older than Mom). You can bet we chowed down on this homemade ice cream cake! All these Birthday and Holiday celebrations in the next few months are going to make us PLUMP.
Tomorrow, is my FIRST field trip to Wishing Star Farm (the place we were supposed to go on Saturdayfor Gavin's Birthday). We are going to pick out pumpkins and play at the farm. I'm pretty sure Mom is going to join my classmates and I. Should be fun! On Wednesday evening, my daycare is doing their Fall Festival...and on Friday, Alex has her 9-month "well-baby" exam, and I have my 3-year exam. I don't think I'm due for any shots...wish I could say the same about my sister )-: Mom will be sure to post my current stats. She can't wait to see how much I have grown. Hope everyone has a fantastic week.
No comments:
Post a Comment