Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Weekend Update

Let's see...how do I start this post. We had a wonderful weekend, but a very sad end to last week. Recent events in Aurora, Colorado last week made our STATE and our NATION very sad. Now, this BLOG is a happy place...so we won't spend much time talking about the sad news here...but we have been doing some thinking and appreciating here lately. Life is so very precious.

Here are some pictures Mom took of Ms. Alex wearing her pretty, summer dress. Mom was saving it for "a special occasion" but it looks like Alex is growing faster than our next scheduled "special occasion," so why not wear it to school?

Thumbs up, people!

"You know this flower is going to last all of 2 minutes before I have it in my mouth, right?" -Alex

One evening after my bath, I decided I wanted to model my batman PJ's and cape.

Batman!

Alex has been having more fun playing with food! "Ummm. What is this substance you offer me?" -Alex



Alex hanging out with Dad and Molly.

Chililn on Saturday morning. Notice the size of my shoes?

Saturday afternoon, we decided a frozen treat was in order. So, we went to Yo Yogurt for frozen yogurt with all sorts of stuff on top. We all got to pick what we wanted our toppings to be. I selected chocolate chips, assorted candy pieces, gummy worms, frosted animal crackers...you name it! Can you say...sugar buzz? Hey! All in moderation, right?

After dinner, we all got out in the backyard and enjoyed the beautiful evening with family time, and sidewalk chalk.I'm THE KING, didn't you know?



Mom made a pretty heart...I decided it would be best to pounce all over it.

Devin giving Moses some much-needed attention:

Pretty Alex.

Silly girl.

Awwww...Moses is a wittle baybee!





Giving my sister some forehead kisses...

Mom will have to save these pictures for our wedding day(s).

We had a *perfect* summer evening.

On Sunday morning...we were all up bright and early with one goal in mind: Paint the Garage Doors and get Starbucks!! The Garage Doors have been in pretty bad shape ever since we moved in, and we decided it was time to give them a makeover. I "helped" prep the doors with tape:

No...no. It's not your imagination. I have swim trunks on (backwards), and a winter hat. This is how I roll.

Helping with the tarp:

We all contributed to the paint job, and it only took a couple of hours. You should see the garage doors now! Man do they look MUCH better than they did. We all did a good job.

Sunday afternoon... Mom captured some video of Dad and I making Alex giggle and lovin on her. She loves the attention!
(
Moses also got some love in that video).

Sunday evening, we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner (one of Devin's favorite places to chow...and one of mine too! Okay...so maybe Mom and Dad like to eat their also. Even Alex enjoyed some of their bread). Twas a great way to end the weekend.

This is our last week with Devin. She goes back to Dallas on Saturday morning. We don't have much planned this week...just hanging out and doing our "normal" thing and enjoying more time with Devin. Hope everyone has a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment