Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Photo Dump/Alex Turns 6 Months Old/Mom and Dad Celebrate 5 Years of Marriage!

Hey, Everyone. Wow. It has been awhile since my last update. Guess we have been busy, huh? I won't waste any time getting started!

Let's see...Devin came in from Dallas on July 7th. Dad got up SUPER early to pick her up from the airport in Denver. She will be staying in Colorado for about 3 weeks! She is currently visiting some of her old friends in Canon City, but I ask about her every morning! "Where is Devin?"Devin meets Alex for the first time:

Alex was ALL smiles meeting her BIG sister:

We decided to take Devin to the zoo with us! She was super cold the entire time...apparently she has adapted to the Texas heat in the summer!I finally got brave and managed to feed the giraffes:

Feeding a baby giraffe:



Picture Op! (Devin freezing to death):

I got to ride the train. I look rather lonely without Gavin or Daniel, don't I? Won't be long before Alex will be my ride partner!

Devin and Alex! My sisters!



Checking out the wolf exhibit. Man are those wolves hard to spot!

Everybody smile for Mom!!!


Checking out Nemo:

Alex chews on her Giraffe, Sophie. No wonder the giraffes wanted nothing to do with her (Har, Har).

Mom and Dad were able to take last Monday off to hang with Devin. Alex and I went to school, and they went out to breakfast and shopping! Lucky Ducks.

Mom has been giving Alex some food to try when we sit down for dinner. Let's just say that...she isn't a HUGE fan...YET. She is just "testing the waters."

Last Thursday, Mom and Dad had their company picnic at Fox Run Park. Just like last year...Daniel and I had a fun time running around and playing with water balloons, going down the bouncy slide, playing on the park equipment, and pigging out on junk food! My favorite part was being picked up RIGHT after naptime. I was super happy to see Mom shortly after I opened my eyes. It was all quite a treat!

Daniel and I digging for water balloons:

Dad and Alex enjoying the park scene:

Going down the bouncy slide on my belly!

Alex and Devin (Devin sure does like showing her off!):

Alex sure does like eating Devin's jewelry! "Mmmm...this tastes like...metal."

Baby Kay and Alex hanging out on the blanket! They are getting SOOO big!

On Friday, July 13th...ALEX TURNED 6 MOTNHS OLD! Can you believe how fast time is flying by?

Mom and Dad took Friday off of work so that we could all spend some more time with Devin while she is here. In the afternoon, Devin hung out with me while Mom and Dad took Alex to her 6-month Well-Baby Check.

She received a total of FIVE shots. Poor baby! She did the least amount of crying at this appointment, compared to her 8 week check-up, and 4-Month Check-Up. She did NOT get the 3rd round of her Rotavirus (oral) due to the reaction she had last time and we are happy to report that she seems to be doing just fine! No major vaccination reactions. Yay! Pre-Shots (a happy baby).

Daddy entertaining Alex...

This is her "stats" sheet.

Weight:
14 pounds, 11 ounces (25th percentile)

Length: 26 1/2" (77th percentile)

Head Circumference: 17" (73rd percentile)

Dr. Reich was very pleased to see how she is doing, and thinks once again...she is just as healthy as can be!

Alexandrea Lee Wright, 6 Months old!

You will see in THIS picture, she is actually enjoying some bagel. She doesn't care for the slimy, wet, and cold food items...but she didn't seem to mind the bagel at all:

Saturday was Mom and Dad's 5-Year Wedding Anniversary! Dad managed to sneak off to the store and get Mom a beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers:

Happy 5 Years, Mom and Dad! Just think...in another 5 years...I will be 7.5 years old, and Alex will be 5.5 years old. Time will fly, I'm sure of it.

In honor of Mom and Dad's 5-Year Anniversary, I decided I wanted to go pants-less! Mom is going to use this picture as blackmail someday...I just know it! (I'm enjoying my lovely snack of cheese and crackers, in case you were wondering).

On Saturday evening, Grandma and Grandpa came over to hang with Alex and I so that they could enjoy a nice, quiet, relaxing dinner without any children. They even managed to leave without any tears from Alex or I. They visited a new Brazilian Grill called Tucano's. They REALLY enjoyed their meal. After stuffing their faces, they picked up some cupcakes to bring home. A special thank you to Grandma and Grandpa for helping make their Anniversary quite enjoyable.

On Sunday, Ms. Junior and Baby Cami stopped by for a bit. Cami is now 4.5 weeks old! Such a sweetie:

Sunday evening, we met The Loomis Family at ITZ for some pizza and games. We did have family pictures scheduled, but they were cancelled 2 hours before we were supposed to meet our photographer. Oh well! Alex watching the kids play after we got back home from ITZ:

All the neighborhood kids gathered at our driveway. They loved checking out Baby Alex, and letting me check out their bikes. Won't be long before I can join them. Quite a few of them are within a year or two of my age (-:

Not much else to report! Devin will be coming back after her visit to Canon City sometime in the middle of the week. Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment