Monday, June 4, 2012

Weekend Update--Is it Really JUNE already?

Happy June! We started the month off by having our central air conditioning installed. Mom and Dad ran into a glitch with our furnace...but other than that the install went great and we got to test it out on Sunday when the high temps reached 88 degrees. Everyone was comfortable and hopefully Mom will be doing a lot less complaining this summer!

We didn't do anything exciting on Friday night. Dad was really starting to feel a lot better, so we are all very happy to have him at 90%. Here I am eating breakfast Saturday morning (and yes...both Alex and I seem to be on the same wake-up schedule and it seems to be right around 5:30 AM). YAWN.

I now like to take the step-stool that was purchased for me to wash my hands easier in the bathroom, and drag it ALL over the house and help myself to whatever I would like at a height I should not have access to at my age. Mom is going to hide that stool before I help myself to something that could endanger my saftey.

(Eating breakfast standing on my stool at our center-island). We had park plans on Saturday afternoon, but they were ruined by the rain. So, Mom thought maybe a trip to the mall was in order...and I refused to put my shoes on. So, that didn't happen. Did I mention I was in RARE form this weekend? TONS of meltdowns and trips to my "Recovery Time" area. Instead, we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. I LOVE their rolls, but who doesn't?

Alex was a perfect little Angel Baby...she rarely complains these days...and when she does it is usually short-lived once her need is met. On Sunday morning we decided to make that park trip we had planned before the afternoon showers could ruin our plans yet again.

Dad showing me the cool climbing wall (at Fox Run Park in north Colorado Springs).


Alex sure did enjoy the fresh air and perfect morning temps!

All smiles (-:

We brought lunch, and I THROUGHLY enjoyed eating on the blanket with my shoes off. We all agreed that more picnics in the park are a MUST this summer.

Things may have back-fired on Mom and Dad just a teeny bit when I fell asleep on the short 20-minute car ride home, and decided that was the only nap I needed for the day! However, I was in surprisingly good spirits the rest of the afternoon and evening (all things considered). We decided to get an old "toy" of mine out for Ms. Alex now that she has more strength to hold her head steady.

She loved the Baby Einstein Jumper/Activity Seat. & I loved to help her play with it (including wanting to sit inside of it).

Later in the afternoon...Mom and I decided to go have an afternoon ice-cream date. I had a Baskin Robbins clown (just like Mom would get when she was a little girl).

Let's just say it was a bit messy...we both weren’t sure how to eat those things without being covered in...sugar and mess.

I held up my ice cream cone and asked Mom to "cheers me" with her ice cream cone. "Ode to ice cream...some of the best stuff on earth!"

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. We are celebrating Danny G's Birthday on Friday (he turns THREE)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment