Blowing out his candles!
Having fun playing games:
A brief moment where we sat still long enough for Mom to capture a picture:
Alex having fun enjoying all the sights and sounds:
Auntie K hanging with Baby Kay:
Ms. GG and Mom with our little sister's!
Daniel and I riding in a fun and intense video game:
We managed to enjoy our evening thoroughly! I'm growing quite fond of celebrating Birthday's! They usually involve sweets, presents, and activities. I keep reassuring Mom and Dad that "MY Birthday is coming up." It has to be, right? On Saturday morning I ran a few errands with Dad at Lowes. It was hard to peel me away from all the cool tools. Looks like Dad is going to have a good "tool shopping buddy." On Saturday afternoon we had some of our old friends from Atlanta come to visit at the house. They brought with them their new baby, Carter (8 weeks old). Mom didn't capture any photos of the new baby...but she did take a quick photo of the "afternoon treat" that we enjoyed together. I forget the name...but it had graham cracker crust, chocolate pudding, cool whip, and mini marshmallows. It was good!
On Sunday, we woke up bright and early and left for our 2nd zoo trip of the year!
As always, I had fun visiting with my Giraffe buddies:
I wasn't too crazy about feeding the giraffes directly...so I made Mom or Dad hand over the lettuce.
Alex enjoying the giraffes from her car seat:
Something new that we haven't done yet while visiting the zoo...feeding the chickens!!
(I may have been a little distracted looking at the grass while feeding them...what can I say...they were taking FOREVER!).
"Hmmm...this is some nice grass."
Yep...still eating.
Alex decided she had enough waiting around for the chickens to finish eating...so she decided it was NAP TIME.
Dad snapped a couple pictures of the gorillas that came right up to the glass for us to see.
Mmmmm...lettuce and carrots.
After seeing a part of the zoo we normally don't make it to, we parked at some picnic tables for lunch with The Loomis Family (and Gavin's Grandma and Grandpa). Then, it was time to leave. Mom decided that she was going to keep me awake in the backseat the entire way home so that I would take a LONG nap (usually I fall asleep on the way home from a morning out...and that is the ONLY nap I take all day...and it usually isn't nearly long enough). Well let's just say it was NO easy task keeping me awake. Mom kept pulling my thumb out of my mouth and bribing me with PEZ candies. I nominate her Mother of The Year! But after arriving home...I promptly went down for a solid 2 hour nap. Success! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Father's day is next Sunday...and we got to figure out the plan for showing my Dad what an awesome Dad he is (but I think he already knows).
No comments:
Post a Comment