Let's see...we had a pretty laid-back New Years. Grandma and Grandpa came over for Pioneer Woman's Spicy Whiskey BBQ Sliders. They were a little too spicy for mine and Grandma's liking...but Mom, Dad, and Grandpa sure enjoyed them. Here is the recipe in case you want to give them a try:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/12/spicy-whiskey-bbq-sliders/
We just hung around after dinner and visited, and NO...I did NOT make it to midnight. Mom did, but not by choice.
We spent the rest of last weekend just sort of hanging out and taking it easy. On Sunday, Mom met Ms. GG (Daniel's Mom) for a relaxing pedicure and lunch! The goal was to get smiley faces painted on their toenails in order to prepare for their upcoming deliveries. Mom did this right before I was born also. The lady painting their nails was utterly confused, so let's just say that we weren’t all that impressed with the final product:
That's okay...we all get the point (-:
On Monday afternoon, we met my buddy Gavin and his folks (and Gavin's new baby sister) over at ITZ. Gavin and I had a fun time running around with our Dad's while Mom and Ms. Larissa relaxed and chatted. When I first saw Gavin, I grabbed his hand and decided to tour him around (it was Gavin's first time at ITZ).
Too cute.
Gavin driving around Snoopy:
Having fun playing inside a game. "Cheese!!!" Thanks for the blinding camera flash, Mom!
Trying to win some TICKETS!
And after about an hour and a half of playtime...we were ready to chow down:
We had a fun time! Will have to do it again soon.
Yesterday we got our new garage refrigerator/freezer delivered. Mom is pretty giddy that now she will have the room she needs to store unlimited amounts of milk for Alex. We had The Gump's over for dinner last night. Mom figured she better get as much cooking in now before she is grounded to the couch for a few weeks/months.
Hope everyone has had a wonderful start to their New Year. I will be sure to keep ya'll posted over the next few weeks. Things are going to get exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment