Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Zoo (Again) and Weekend Wrap-Up!

Hey, All. This may be a day late...but hope everyone had a great weekend! We kicked off our weekend with breakfast at Einstein Bagels on Saturday, followed by another trip to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.
Thoroughly enjoying fresh fruit and Bagel Poppers at Einstein’s:

Once we got to the zoo, we decided that we must start by visiting my giraffe buddies:

I was brave and personally handed a piece of lettuce over to feed one of the giraffes, and shortly after decided that I was perfectly content just watching Mom and Dad hand over the lettuce.



After seeing the giraffes, we decided to take a different route to go and visit the monkeys, apes, and orangutans. We usually end up calling it a day before we can make it over to this area of the zoo so it was a real treat. I loved checking them all out and they enjoyed checking me out as well.

I would pound on my chest with both fists and say "ooh ooh ooh oooh" (something I picked up at school).

We then visited the chickens! Another area of the zoo I had never experienced. It was pretty fun trying to chase one down so that I could pet it.


We visited a few more animals, then had our picnic lunch outside. Notice how I'm always super smiley when I'm eating? I get that from Mom!

We found the playground area, and I went down the slide a few times. Mom thought she was getting ready to take a picture of me at the top of the slide, when she realized that her video camera was on and "accidentally" captured this 3 second clip of me giggling:

After the zoo, I decided to nap for the 30 minute ride home...and that was it! Surprisingly I was still in pretty good spirits the rest of the day. We went to dinner at Taste of Philly (DAD was craving a Philly Cheese steak...not MOM). On Sunday...I decided to sleep until 8:30 AM!! We all needed the extra rest. We went grocery shopping, did a few things around the house...and enjoyed a great afternoon together. Not much on the agenda for this week. Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment