Friday, August 12, 2011

Sxy Sox Baseball & A Recent Updates

Happy Friday, Ya'll! This week has sort of flown right on by and I'm not complaining. On Tuesday we went to a Sky Sox game. An old hockey buddy of Mom's was hosting the event, so we got to enjoy free BBQ and beverages before the game and then free tickets to the game! We had fun "tailgating" beforehand with my buddy Daniel, and his folks. Dad and Mr. Mike enjoyed a few adult beverages while Mom and Ms. GG sipped on an ice cold Coke. We had beef brisket, ribs, potato salad, broccoli and cheese casserole, green salad, and ice cream. Mom also made up for last weekend and captured tons of pictures.
Enjoying some good grub:


Danny G and I sharing some snacks pre-game in the shade:

OH! & for comparison purposes...here I am at the same exact event last year before the game (which would have been my FIRST baseball game):

Dad "wearing" me into the game last year:

Making our way towards the entrance of the stadium THIS YEAR...there were many things that caught our attention. One thing were the giant baseballs all around:

Mom had a heck of a time trying to get both Daniel and I to look at the camera at the same time.

"Hey...does this thing got a Hemi?"

"Uhhh. Daniel? Uhhh. Where did you go?"

I also spotted a brand new 2012 Jeep Wrangler! I don't know if I have ever mentioned this on the blog, but I sort of have a small obsession...okay, maybe LARGE obsession with Jeep's right now (mostly Wrangler's...not too many Cherokee's. I can spot one from a mile away, and I will yell "JEEP!" Mom and Dad are often amazed that sure enough...I'm 99% dead-on in my Jeep spotting. So, I had to take a super close look at the Jeep Wrangler that was on display at the Sky Sox game.
"Whoa.KEWL. "

"Look out! Can you see me driving one of these bad boys in 14 years?"

Once we finally made our way into the baseball game, I sort of surprised Mom and Dad as I was fairly interested in what was going on in the field below. I couldn't take my eyes of the Sky Sox mascot, Sox the Fox. He was dancing and jumping all around, and I thought he was quite entertaining to watch.

Ms. GG and Mr. Mike:


Swing batter batter SWING!!

In the game, last year (maybe close to the same seats also!):

I watched the game for about 30 minutes before we decided it was getting close to bedtime, and it was time to hit the road. We all had a wonderful Tuesday evening (and the weather was PERFECT).
In other news...
I have figured out HOW to unbuckle my car seat while the car is in motion! I have done it a total of 4 times between yesterday afternoon and this morning. The first time I did it Mom thought Dad failed to buckle me all the way in properly! As much as Mom would like to brag that this accomplishment is probably way over my skill level for my age group...it is SCARY. So, they are going to have to find a solution to stop this ASAP.
Mom had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday afternoon. Dad went with her so he could meet Dr. Baiza. My little brother or sister's heartbeat was 135 BPM, and everything looked and sounded great. 2 more weeks and we will get to find out if I'm indeed going to have a sister or brother.
Oh, and after receiving a snack yesterday...I thought the best way to eat it would be to dump it on the floor.

Mom would like to believe her floors are so clean that you could eat food off of them, but...
This weekend is predicted to be a bit cooler (low 80's), so we are planning a trip to the zoo. I keep wanting to see the video of Dad and I feeding the giraffes from our last visit...so I'm excited to be able to do feed the giraffes. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment