Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Beginning of THE END

Guess what this means, ya'll?:

Yep. That's right. It is...THAT TIME. The beginning of the END. I have been showing a HUGE interest in food when Mom and Dad eat at home, and when the other kids are chowing down at daycare. My Doc also told Mom and Dad that we could start a mixed grain cereal at 5 months. AND...I turn 5 Months Old TOMORROW. Crazy, right? So, Mom and Dad thought it might be a good time to introduce me to my first taste of solid food. Well...I guess you could call it "solid." It was so thinned out that I wouldn't even call it soup. They decided to try rice cereal instead of the mixed grain cereal to start. BUT, I LOVED IT! I just couldn't get enough~ Mom mixed it with a little bit of apple juice (to give it SOME flavor), and water. Mom waited about an hour after my liquid lunch to let me try it. Mommy's milk will still be 98% of my food supply for the next month or so (if all goes as planned).
Oooh YEAH. Give me some of THAT!



They also caught my first taste on video. Enjoy!:

Here are some pictures from the taste-testing:

Mmmmmm. Not Bad!










Let's just say it was also very MESSY. Dad had to change my pants:


I decided I could use some play-time after my little snack:


Success!
Today, we also took Molly to the vet to get her knee looked at. This was a follow-up appointment from her knee surgery in November. Looks like the doc would like to do another surgery. Oh, well. The doc said that Molly's knee just isn't 100% yet. Poor Molly!


Tomorrow I am 5 months old! Mom is going to try to put together a post for me. I'm just growing so much everyday, and my personality is really starting to show.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I promise I will write that post about solids. Maybe this weekend

    ReplyDelete