We celebrated with a bunch of pictures from my taste-testing on Saturday afternoon, so Mom didn’t get much of a photo shoot in yesterday. Just this ONE picture (her camera battery died in the nice camera, and she wasn't in the mood to fuss with the other):

She did want to capture a few things about me at this fun age for future reference, so here it goes:
*I can suck both of my thumbs AT THE SAME TIME. One just isn’t enough. Sometimes, I need TWO.
*If I’m upset with you because you A). You would like to give me a break from eating and burp me and I DO NOT WANT TO TAKE A BREAK or B). You try putting me down somewhere I DO NOT WANT TO BE, I will arch my back and push up with my feet and yell at you! Yes. I’m forming quite the little attitude. Hmmmmm. I wonder where I get this from?
*I still LOVE my baths. I’m not getting them EVERY night anymore. My skin started to show signs of being too dry, and the water bill has DOUBLED, so we have started every other night. That is okay with me. It doesn’t seem to disturb my bedtime routine.
*I just LOVE to have a soft blanket snuggled up by my cheek when I want to relax and suck my thumb. It reminds Mom and Dad an awful lot of this famous cartoon character:

*I love to kick kick kick! If you are holding me, I can’t keep my legs from flapping all around. If you put me on my belly…my legs go CRAZY! My legs seem to have a mind of their own right now. OH, and if you put me in my Activity Jumper…I jump jump jump!
*I become more and more alert and aware everyday. If I’m eating, and Mom tries to have a conversation with Dad, or answer a phone call…I will stop eating and just stare at her until she is done. “Excuse me, Mother. Can’t you see that I’m trying to EAT here?” I will also stop eating if I hear the dogs bark, Dad talking in another room, or a new sound coming from the TV.
*After my bath, I lie on my changing table and turn my whole body so that I can watch Dad clean up the bathroom. It makes it really difficult for Mom to do what she needs to do, but I just can’t stop watching all the action.
*I’m not quite sitting on my own yet. I can balance with support from both of my hands, but only for 10 seconds or so.
*I have started to act “bashful” when somebody smiles at me. I make a big smile and then turn my head and try and hide my face. Mom thinks it is super cute (go figure).
*Although getting me to Laugh Out Loud is a bit of a challenge, I still smile all the time and have moments throughout the day where I cannot stop talking. Hopefully this doesn’t last through school, or I will be in trouble often for talking during class...just like my Mom was.
*I have been sleeping pretty good here this past week or so. I generally fall asleep around 6:00 PM in my car seat. Mom wakes me up between 7:30 for my bath, a diaper change, and to eat. I’m usually back to sleep in my crib around 9:00 PM. I usually want to eat between 4:30 and 5:00 AM, and I will *usually* go back to sleep for another hour or so.
*Mom and Dad do not have my current weight, but I’m still wearing most of my 3-6 month outfits, and some 6-9 month outfits. They did put me on the doggie scale at the Vet’s office on Saturday IN my car seat, and the scale read 23 lbs! No wonder they get so tired lugging me around everywhere!
*Oh, and one more thing...Mom wanted to take this opportunity to acknowledge how proud she is that her and I have made it to the 5-month mark of me being a breast-fed baby! Minus a bottle of formula on our trip to Dallas, a couple of ounces of juice (when I was backed up for a week), and the tiny amount of rice cereal this past Saturday...Breast milk has been my primary source of nutrition for 5 whole months! Mom has such an awesome support group (shout out to DAD), combined with a lot of luck, and motivation. She would have had a much more difficult time keeping this up if she didn't have her own office at work, and the support and understanding from her boss and co-workers. They allow her to "Pump in Peace" 3 times a day! It has not been an easy road, and there have been many times where she has been super stressed trying to keep up with me. In the beginning...she wasn't sure if we were going to make it two weeks! Our goal is to make it to 6 months, with breast milk being my primary source of nutrition. Anything after 6 months will just be "icing on the cake."
Well, that is it for now. Let’s hope that this next month doesn’t go by so fast. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment