Monday, June 24, 2019

Weekly Happenings

We wrapped up a great 3rd week of summer break, and the kids were bummed to be done with Go West Camp.  Friday Jeff had the day off, so we went to the gym, had a wonderful breakfast at Snooze, and then went to meet up with the kids at camp as they were doing a special slide show for their last day.  They had competed all day with their respective teams in different challenges.  JR was on the Orange Team, and Alex on the Yellow Team.
Here they are getting ready to watch the wrap-up slide show.

I ended up taking a bunch of screen shots from the slide show they put together from the past 3 weeks of camp.


Alex making her tie-dye shirt:

Alex making kale chips:

Outside the garden:

Getting ready for a mountain bike run:


Such a great shot of JR!


Alex rock climbing with all her gear on.

Thumbs up!

JR after rock climbing.  They had a really good video clip of him, also.

The kids had such a great time, we are all looking forward to starting back up again in 3 weeks.

On Saturday, I got up at 4:30 am.  Yes--  FOUR THIRTY AM on a SATURDAY MORNING.  Why?  Because Larissa wanted me to join her to hike the incline with the old Orange Theory crew!  So, I said...WHY THE HECK NOT?  Here we are at the base of the incline posing for a quick picture.

At the top!  I beat my old personal best by about 11 minutes, and felt great!  10 lbs less and lots of strength training and I think it really helped. 
Larissa and I at the top of the incline:

It was rainy, and foggy, and really chilly.  But this guy came pretty close to us to say hello and let us snap a few pictures.

So pretty.

The way the fog was rolling over the hills was very cool.  & hey! I burned 1000 calories and Larissa and I ate a delicious breakfast at Adam's Mountain and the coffee to warm us up was memorable. 

Saturday night we went over and joined the Loomis family for dinner.  It had been a few weeks and the kids were so excited to hang out.


Hard to get a serious picture out of anyone.


Sunday we went to Toy Story 4, which we had been waiting FOREVER to come out.  It was okay--not as good as the first 3 in my opinion.  But, we all enjoyed it!

Today was my first day home with just the kids and me trying to work.  I survived 62 days of this last summer.  I can do 5 weeks, right?  HA!

We made it out for about an hour to picnic and get some exercise before JR got elbowed in the face and was bleeding everywhere.

But Moses sure had a good time being out and about at the park!

& I reminded myself of my sister! 

We have some play dates planned with friends this week to hopefully keep us busy.  This weekend we are doing brunch with Mom and Dad at The Broadmoor for Dad's 70th Birthday--looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment