Monday, December 3, 2018

Weekly Happenings

We had a fairly decent week...minus a Pug named Molly with a sore bottom.  But!  After some antibiotics and some TLC, she is doing much better this week.

I got to meet Hannah for lunch, and visit with Juniper. She is such an "easy" baby. This child just goes to sleep quietly when she is tired, and you never hear a peep!
"Okay crazy lady--you are starting to make a scene trying to get me to smile."



Moses decided to join Alex and I for story time last week.

Ain't no shame in his game!

I got to pop in on a NASA assembly at the school last Thursday when I was supposed to be volunteering in the classroom, but the teacher failed to tell me they were going to be doing this instead!  It was very cool.   Duane "Digger" Carey, who now lives here in Colorado Springs with his wife.  It was a very neat and motivational presentation. 

The next morning, I was able to assist in the cooking project JR and his group were assigned to do.  Basil Tomato Egg Salad Sandwiches with Raspberries.  I was trusted with this group, sharp knives, and boiling water.  And we survived! 


It was fun to observe the different team dynamics that I learned about in college.


JR slicing eggs with his buddy, Josh.



They had to video tape all the different parts of the recipe.  The final video turned out great!

Our final "plating."

Mmmmmm.  Tasted pretty good, too. Even with Josh licking his hard boiled egg! LOL

This guy tasted it, too! He did stick his raspberries on his sandwich. 

Lots of school time last week--Friday night was the PTO's first community event.  I suckered this guy into helping me run the pizza table.  The kids had a blast. 

Saturday night was a fun night out with our friends on the west-side.  We started at Cereberus for a cold beer and some appetizers.

Jenny and Kristin.

Cheers to good friends!

Then we went to 503W for a cocktail and dinner.  Aren't those pretty?

It was fun having a night out, and the kids hung with the neighbor Izzy and had a blast.  On Sunday morning, Jeff made me breakfast! 

And we decided it was time to put the tree up, so that Eddie could finally come visit.


"How do you like this view, Mom?" LOL

Walked back in to the room to find poor Moses.  Actually, he didn't seem to mind so much. 

Dinner out at Old Chicago's with these two!


Afterward we decided to cash in all of JR's coins he had been saving to give to National Mill Dog Rescue.  Turns out work is doing 12 days of giving, and NDMR is one of the charities.  So, he gave the money to Dad to bring to work to donate!  Saved us a trip to Calhan.  Ha!

Ahhh--so pretty and peaceful.

And sure enough! Eddie came!  With Advent Calendars from Europe (purchased at the British Pantry here in town).  Ooooh.  Fancy! He also wrote a pretty long-winded letter for the kids. That Eddie! 

JR has a special field trip this week through his Gifted and Talented program, and we don't have a whole lot planned for this weekend.  I'm sure we will find something to keep us busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment