The kids had a STEM camp at Little Monkey Bizness all last week. They had a great time, and I got to work while they were busy.
They did all sorts of survival and exploration activities.
Even JR managed to stay entertained all week, and looked forward to going back every day.
Some chalk time with the neighbor girls.
We also had $.60 pancakes for lunch at IHOP. The bacon and the drinks cost another $12. But! LOL.
Tired munchkin means afternoon nap.
These two were my morning co-workers on Friday. I can't complain!
While JR was having a 2nd Grade Class Reunion at the park, Alex and I went to Noodles and indulged. Two thumbs up!
Pretty good little turn out with JR's class mates from last school year with Ms. G!
After the reunion we went to the school to help get ready for the big weekend of events. A ribbon cutting and butterfly release for the Early Education Wing, and the adult Rooftop Party. This is the area above the new wing that will be used for gatherings and planting flowers and plants.
One of the butterflies that came packaged in ice. So weird!
Another view of the rooftop garden area.
Don't worry--I would never be crazy enough to do what my BOD friend Krista did.
See Alex? She is such a good little helper!
Helping out does have its perks--like ice cold cream sodas.
Crazy ladies.
Saturday morning at the event--the kids had a blast and we had a huge turnout.
Molara (our new President) and Scott (our old President) cutting the ribbon.
Kona Ice!
On the roof releasing the butterflies.
We had tons of fruit out for them so that they could eat after being cooped up in an envelope for a few days.
She was obsessed and walked around with this one Monarch for a couple of hours. It just kept hanging out with her!
We did finally say goodbye and put it in a safe spot near Pets Mart. Ha!
The adult celebration was fun, and the kids hung with Ms. Tori. I got sent home with TWO Chef Sugar cakes (partially sampled) and tons of BBQ. It was a fun night visiting with my board friends and leadership of the school. I'm lucky to be a part of it all.
Oh! And last Thursday I was officially voted in as the new Board Treasurer. Exciting!
This week, Jeff is headed to Texas to attend his Uncle Paul's funeral. He was a very sweet and gentle soul, and will be truly missed. The kids and I are going to do our thing and find stuff to keep us busy. Jeff should be back on Friday night, and next week we are headed to Arizona to see The Knowles Family!
No comments:
Post a Comment