Monday, May 15, 2017

Mother's Day Weekend!

We had a busy (and GOOD) week!  JR didn't have school on Thursday due to testing, and got to join in on Muffins with Mom's.  So they sang "You are my Sunshine" and we ate muffins--and the kids got to come home early with me (which is their favorite part of the whole thing).

Later that evening, JR had an award ceremony and earned a Nobility Award. We still aren't 100% on how he earned it--but we will take it!

Getting awarded by Ms. Fogler.

Grandma and Grandpa came!

We decided to celebrate with ice cream!

"Stop making goofy faces!"

Friday evening I got to meet up with my surrogate friends for a night of dancing at Cowboys! We had a great time.  From Left to Right (Sarah who gave birth to twin girls about a year ago, Stephanie who is not a surrogate, Charlena who is currently pregnant with a baby girl who's parents are in Australia, Me, Ryan who gave birth to a little girl who's mother is from China about a month before me, and Danielle who gave birth to twin boys in Feb one of which was also named Beckett!).  7 surrogate babies between all of us! Good stuff!


I however refused to Karaoke (per usual).  This was a going away for my friend Danielle, and she will surely be missed.

On Saturday I accidentally mentioned I was off to get a pedicure, and this one overheard me--and insisted she come along.

And she is just so darn cute how can I say NO?

Saturday evening I got to meet Larissa and Angella for our annual Mother's Day weekend night out.  Cocktails on the patio in beautiful weather!

And then Sushi!

I'm telling you...I was spoiled this weekend.  Sunday morning I woke up to this beauty (Dulce De Leche from Chef Sugars).   Jeff is very well trained!

This little guy graduated to a real seat belt in his seat and no more 5-point harness.  He was pretty happy.

And I took a picture of my spread.  The wine will have to wait since I have a good 23 pounds to lose!  But the fitbit is awesome and I need it back in my life.  It really helped me be more conscious of my activity level.

Sunday afternoon the kids had a swim evaluation at Little Fins.  JR retained quite a bit of knowledge from a few years ago and is at Level 2.  Alex did NOT freak out like I thought she might, and is super excited to go back.  Ms. Autumn seemed really sweet and we are excited to get the kids swimming, especially before our trip to Mexico in October.

Floating!

Michelle sent me pictures of Baby BJ yesterday.  He is 3 weeks old today!




Sunday evening we met Mom and Dad at Panera for dinner.  And JR learned how to blow a bubble with gum!  Another proud moment!

And we came back to the house after dinner and had some cake and visited.  Mom let me take a selfie without complaining.  Thanks, Mom!  (-:

This week JR has his field day tomorrow at Stetson Park, and Alex and I are going to go and watch for a bit and eat hot dogs.  I have a 5K this weekend for the school that I plan on walking in--should be decent weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment