Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Christmas and Holiday Break 2016

Back after a LONG break from work for both Jeff and I. We had a really nice time off, and were very productive. We also managed to have some "down time" and some quality time with the kids. Everyone was healthy! And I'm super thankful for that. Christmas and New Years were great, and a little more laid-back than the past few years. Not traveling or having any family from out of state come visit helped keep things fairly low-stress.

Jeff and I spent the first few days doing a major house declutter! We started from the top and worked our way down to the basement. Donated, trashed, and sold quite a few things and we are much happier with the amount of crap that is in our home. We picked up about 12 fancy tubs from Costco and managed to consolidate quite a bit of stuff.   The basement is now much more kid-friendly, and the kids have enjoyed playing and watching TV down there the past few days.   Jeff and I are also considering finishing the basement now that the kids are older and could use the space.

I realized I never got a good shot of our tree this year! So here she was in on her glory.

Christmas Eve morning--the kids got to open a present early from Nanny and Adie.



Christmas Eve dinner was spent at Mom and Dad's house. Don and Margaret came over, and Mom prepared a delicious dinner.  I was STUFFED.  She also made her famous chocolate pie (pictured below) that Jeff and I were both very sad to eat the last of it.

We went to look at Christmas lights after dinner, and found this little charm!

Christmas Eve posing in front of the tree.


Alex was super excited to leave cookies out for Santa, and carrots for his reindeer.

Molly was also super excited!

Christmas Eve matching PJs--ready for Santa to come!

The kids wanted to sleep together on the air mattress in JR's room.  Sounded like a reasonable request!   Until...they were up at 4:30 am!!  I made Jeff go tell them to GO BACK TO SLEEP!

Crazy kids.

Christmas morning going through all the goods that Santa brought!



And the presents!  I think they made out pretty good!





JR got a Nintendo 3DS--he had been talking about it ALL year long.  Jeff and I debated it for some time, and decided to pull the trigger.  He loves it!




Moses watching all the action clinging on Jeff's leg.  LOL.


New hat from Mumsie!

Mom and Dad came over for Christmas morning breakfast, and to hang out. We enjoyed their visit and Alex really enjoyed a coloring buddy.

And I got to take the easy road and throw this in the oven for Christmas dinner!Ta da!

Cutie modeling her new PJ's and slippers!


There is that pie I was talking about.  Soo good. Thanks mom!

And this is more than a food baby now!  About 22 weeks in this picture.

Chick Fil A for dinner!



Did I mention we did quite a bit of eating?  We also managed our gym workouts--so at least that was good.   We went to a little cafe in Monument not once...but TWICE. They have these amazing cinnamon rolls that we just so happen to stumble upon.

JR had his buddy Bryce come over for a play date on the 30th.  They had a good time talking about Pokemon cards and running around.

I took Alex to get her FIRST real pedicure.  We had been talking about it for awhile, and I wasn't 100% sure she wasn't going to freak out on me.  But she did great! And loved it!  She said, "can we do this everyday?"  Ha!

Just like an old pro.

And since it is getting more and more difficult for me to reach my toenails....

Bryce and JR at the park--they rode their scooters down to the basketball court to find a Pokemon gym.

Molly had her teeth cleaned on the west side of town, and on the way we took a trip to REI. Always something interesting to play with!


We also completed a little corner project for Alex in her room.  She now has some boards she can customize with her pictures and drawings.  She loves it!  AND! We got news that she is moving up to the Kindergarten room at the daycare next week.  No more preschool! This girl is moving on up.  We are excited for her to get a little more prep before she starts public Kindy in August.

New Years Eve was a lazy day around the house, and pancakes from Cracker Barrel for dinner!

And of course...this guy.

I was in bed by 11 on NYE.  Simple and quiet--and that's okay!

New Years Day we decided to venture out and do some bowling at Uncle Buck's.  They kicked us out after one game as they were closing early due to the holiday.  Oh well!



Touring around the store for a bit....

JR gets his facial expressions from...?  Ha!


Found these guys in the basement cozy and watching their ipads.   No wonder it was so quiet.

And we are off to a fresh start in 2017!  Looking forward to popping out this baby in April, and Jeff and I celebrating our 10 year anniversary this summer! January is already turning out to be a busy month with lots of birthday parties...including the 5th birthday of one very special little girl.
Can't believe my baby is going to be FIVE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment