Monday, September 12, 2016

Weekly Happenings

Last week we enjoyed some of the nice cool weather.  Jeff is the only one that isn't feeling 100%--he has a lingering sore throat and some yucky drainage that just won't seem to go away.   The roofers started late last week, and our paint crew got started promptly after the roofing job was finished.

I had my ultrasound to see my surrogate baby's heartbeat cancelled last Wednesday and rescheduled for Friday morning. But! They called Thursday and said they had a cancellation--so I got to sneak in for it.  I wasn't able to facetime with Michelle, but I did get to talk to her immediately after and got her some pretty neat video.  Just one little heartbeat (thankfully NO splitters) at 144bpm and the doctor doing the ultrasound said everything looked great.

We got in some park trips after dinner.  I have been feeling--okay. I feel like "The Weirdness" started last Monday at 6 weeks, and I feel pretty tired and have mixed feelings about food.  That, and being hungry all the time makes things interesting when you know you need to eat frequently but nothing really sounds good except very specific items (like Vanilla Coke from Sonic, Crazy Bread from Little Caesars, and just about anything from Chick Fil-A-lol).

The girl and her puppies! She loves taking them to the park with us and getting to hold the leash.

And I got a request to take a few pictures of these two crazy kids posing on rocks.


Friday evening was beautiful--until it got REALLY cold right before we headed back to the house.  Need to remember jackets on these September evenings.




On Saturday morning we headed off for the AFA football game vs Georgia Tech.  It was a little chilly at first, and then warmed up nicely.

The kids are only mildly interested in the game and extremely interested in eating their way through all the concessions stands.

We ran into our neighbors from  nextdoor and got to hang and visit with them the last hour of the game which was nice.


It's pretty easy to drop $60 in food with these two!

Air Force killed Georgia--so we scooted out with about 15 minutes left in the 4th quarter.  Then, I decided I needed a cupcake and I drug the rest of the family along with me.

Mmmm. Chef Sugars! My FAVORITE!!

Of course Jeff had the pretty pink Strawberry cupcake.

After cupcakes we made a quick trip to REI and then home to relax for the evening.

Sunday was spent hanging around the house, and Sunday afternoon I took the kids with me to Angella's house so that the kids could play outside and Angella and I could get all of our JBF clothes sorted out (it is our bi-annual tradition).  After our play date we went to Lowes to finish up our entire sliding glass door fiasco, and out to dinner at Chili's!

This week I'm attending the first Board of Director's meeting for RMCA--going to get a feel of how things run and see what I'm in for should I get my elected seat that I'm going for.  Voting is going to start in the next few weeks, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment