Monday, July 25, 2016

Weekly Happenings

Well! I started the first round of the fertility drugs (Lurpon--aka The Devil Juice) on the 14th--and had my last Lurpon injection on the 21st!  I felt--GREAT! Minus one weird day where I buried my face in a grilled chicken sandwich with fries--and had a dull headache.  But that can happen to any one of us on any given day--so I will take it!  So when you are prepared for the worst--and end up feeling great--you call it an Excellent week!

This happened to Jeff and I twice within just a few days.  BFFs!  LOL

I had to take a picture of that sandwich and fries for my confession.  Ha!

Amber sent me a couple more pictures of the kids being cute from last weekend while we were celebrating at brunch.

JR allowing Alex to dress him up like a chef!

And Friday was my first "baseline" monitoring appointment at a clinic here in town called Advanced Reproductive Medicine (ARM). They were great! And most importantly--everything looked exactly the way it should, and I was instructed by my nurse to start my first Estrogen injection Friday evening.  It was easy peasy and I'm so proud of Jeff for sticking me with a 22 Gage 1 1/2" needle right in my upper butt.  I'm going to master doing them myself going forward--but he was able to nail the first one for me.  So far--no side effects.  Well--I take that back.  The past two nights I have had some VERY realistic dreams that left me feeling very icky when I woke up.  They were THAT real.  Could be the hormones!

Then I stopped by Starbucks and got hooked up with not one--but TWO free drinks.  Must have been my lucky day.

Then--Jeff and I drove up to Denver for a service for his Great Aunt Penny.  She passed away last week at age 94, and from what I learned last Friday--she was an amazing lady and I'm bummed I didn't have the chance to meet her.  She wanted to be a pilot! But instead--joined the Air Force and moved all around the world.  Jeff and I were both very happy that we went.
After the service we hunted down our favorite Wahoo's now that they have been closed for years in Colorado Springs.  This Wahoo's was in an area where there were apartments above a ton of different places to eat,drink, shop, get your nails done.  Can you imagine living right above a Jimmy John's or a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory/ColdStone?  I think in my next life I will be single and live here.

We sure do miss you Wahoo's!

Friday night at the park--Jeff and JR catching Pokemon and Alex on her bike rockin her pretty dress.

Saturday morning we were out the door early and headed up to Denver again for a day at Pirate's Cove.  It was a pretty cool little water park that is geared more towards the smaller kids (vs. Water World).  We met the Wilson Family and the Prusa Family.

The park was BUSY.  And HOT.  But we all had a great time.






Gayleen, Baby Chirstopher and Alexa:

Jameson and JR:


LOTS of people.


This one was pouty until he was handed a device.  Sigh.

The Wilson and Prusa families left early afternoon while we hung until about 4:30.
They insisted on posing for pictures by the pirate.  Did you see JR's face? That kid!


WE found a Mellow Mushroom to eat at in a different little neat shopping area.  We just LOVE their pizza.  So very, very, very good. And I got this little cutie to pose for me by the pretty flowers.

No pictures of the pizza as we were too busy shoving our faces full of it.

On the way home from Denver we managed to avoid a HUGE traffic delay.  The southbound lanes of I-25 were shut down for HOURS. Luckily, we managed to exit before the point of no return and made it home by 8:45 pm.  I had friends stuck on the highway who didn't get home until after midnight!  Phew!

On Sunday we celebrated Ms. Molly turning 10!  This was her unofficial/official photo shoot.


Mosey says, "What the hell is on your head?"

Happy Birthday to one of our first fur babies.

Later on Sunday afternoon at the Chapel Hills Mall...
Somebody begged me to go on the train ride.

Happy Face!


"Stop with the selfies mom!"

It was totally worth the $6.

We grabbed dinner out and relaxed at home.  Molly and Moses got special ice cream for a birthday treat.

Yes--I'm a lucky duck to have such a sweet and kind husband. <3 p="">
This week we are cruising right along---another injection tonight and Thursday night (every 3 days), and the kids have soccer camp all week!  1 1/2 hours for Alex every morning, and 3 hours for JR.  We will see if JR is still a fan of soccer come Wednesday. That kid is usually good for an hour or so and then DONE.  But he REALLY wanted to participate...so we shall see!  It's the last official week of field trips for JR and Alex.  Summer is coming to an end and school starts two weeks from Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment