Monday, June 15, 2015

In Summer!

FINALLY. Summer feels like it is here. Well. Sort of. We got to whip out the water table on Sunday and at least pretend it was 90 degrees out. Hey! 72 is close enough...and I reminded myself not to complain (too much).

The kids had a fairly good week, and we had a really good weekend. JR got to go to the Splash Park, and Trampoline World last week (the park day was cancelled due to rain), and Alex went on her VERY first field trip to Trampoline World as well. Perfect timing as we have Connor's Birthday at Trampoline World this weekend.

On Friday Jeff and I took Alex in for a Speech Evaluation at the CDC (Child Development Center). A very nice speech therapist by the name of Amber warmed Alex up almost instantly, and she had a blast participating in all the things that Amber was requesting of her. After the evaluation, Amber explained that right off the bat...she does NOT think Alex has any speech issues right now that are major by any means. That she would definitely not qualify for assistance in public school, and that if anything she may need a little boost but she isn't sure that is required. We go back in a few weeks to go over the results and will have more to go off of then.  We took Alex to breakfast afterwards.  This child just doesn't really know what it has EVER been like to have Mom and Dad to herself! Tis the life of a 2nd child.


After breakfast we dropped her off at school and I spent almost 2 hours at the DMV, and then joined our property manager for a walk-thru at our town home.  Hoping to get it on the market for showings this week!

Saturday was spent hanging out, and Grandma and Grandpa came over to hang with the kids for a few hours while Jeff and I had some time to ourselves.  We grabbed a couple beer and ate at Chipotle.  Perfect! Thanks Mom and Dad!!

We took the kids to breakfast Sunday morning before strolling Lowes for rental stuff and flowers.  I told JR we were going to Egg and I and he said "MOMMY!! YOU JUST BLEW MY MIND!!"  Funny kid.


JR and Alex could play on the riding lawn mowers outside of Lowes for HOURS.



As I mentioned we came home and busted out the water table.  Alex holds interest in it much longer than her brother.

I can get him to come back outside with juice boxes and snacks.  (-:


Later in the afternoon the Loomis Family came over for burgers on the grill.  I was really in the summer mood this past weekend!  These two sure are growing big!

This week Jeff is going to spend some time getting things cleaned up at the town home.  JR gets to go to SKATE CITY this week, and both kids are going to The Fine Art Center on field trips.  They also are taking a cooking class on Wednesday.  I have plans to possibly hike the Manitou Incline one night this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment