We had a fairly good week. No complaints from the Kindy room with the new change that took place. Seems like things are going well. Alex has had a few rough mornings during drop-offs, but Ms. Colleen mentioned again that she is "such a joy and a pleasure to have in class." I wonder if we are talking about the same child! (-:
Lately, JR has been coming straight home from school or waking up in the mornings and goes to build something with his Legos or other creation-type toys. We are amazed at all that he comes up with on his own! He specifically requested that I take a picture of this one...so here you go!
On Tuesday we decided we needed to stop at Dairy Queen after dropping our Pilot off for some work! Mmmmm....
This is another time of year that there are a TON of Birthday Parties. JR's little buddy Linden turned 6 this weekend, and his folks had a little house party (which is always a little awkward). I can't wait for when the kids are at an age I can just drop them off and go run some errands, and come pick them up a few hours later. So I sat...for almost THREE hours, and talked to a few of the other mamas and TOOK ONE FOR THE TEAM. Jeff 's turn is next!
JR loves dressing up. This kid finds the old Halloween costumes and is the first to put them on. Too funny!
Alex did eventually warm up and leave my lap to go play. There was another little sister there who was also at Alex's Birthday Party. So Winter and Alex had a fun time playing while the "boys were being boys." And Linden's brave folks let them do a pinata! INSIDE. Confetti everywhere! Yeah...no thanks!!!
After naps on Saturday, we went to visit The Smith's. It had been a few months since I had seen Ami, and she is now a registered nurse! Her kids are great with Alex and JR, and they all play together nicely. We ate pizza, the adults played cards...and the kids ran around like crazy people until it was time to leave.
On Sunday we got up early and went out for a lovely breakfast at Egg and I. Ahhhh...so much more enjoyable at this age when they can both sit, color, be pleasant, and EAT! (-:
And of course our breakfast was delicious!!!
Little cutie-pie:
After breakfast, I went on a 5 mile jog while Jeff took the kids to run errands. Then, I took the kids to the park for some playtime and a picnic lunch. The sun just makes us all so very happy!
Alex couldn't wait to go back to the skate park and watch the skate boarders. She has also missed our warm trips to the park. Not much longer, kiddo!
On Sunday after naps (yes---we ALL napped), I took the kids over to Angela's house to do our bi-annual clothing exchange. The kids play, and the mom's swap clothes. Jameson now has a little sister, so Angela is after my girls clothes and I'm after her boys clothes (Jameson is a a good year ahead of JR's growth schedule). It works out well!
A stop at Wendy's for dinner (hey--I NEEDED a burger), and a visit from Grandma and Grandpa and our weekend was complete.
MAN the kids have been having some rough Monday drop-offs at school. Jeff and I had to leave both JR and Alex teary eyed this morning. Breaks our heart! We only have about 6 more school/work-days until we are off to the Arizona and VEGAS! Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment