Mom and I signed like a billion Valentines for my class! "Mommy? My arm is about to fall off!"
Friday was Valentine's Day. Alex and I each had parties in our classrooms. Lots of sweet treats and fun. Mom grabbed a family selfie of all of us before the day started!
This was the picture from last year on Valentine's Day (2013):
And our picture from this year (2014):
On Friday evening, we were all eating dinner when Dad mentioned that Alex hadn't asked for her pacifier since earlier that morning. So, Mom had this EXCELLENT idea that NOW would be the perfect time to wean her of it. So...that was that. No more pacifier. She has definitely had a few rough moments, one early morning where she didn't put herself back to sleep, and she has asked for it a couple times a day. BUT, she seems to move on fairly quickly, and this morning she was content laying in her bed (without a pacifier) until Mom was done getting ready. Progress!! We are very proud of her for handling it so well, and Mom and Dad were both anticipating MUCH worse. Here are some pretty funny things I have said over this past weekend regarding the entire event. When asked what I would do if Mom and Dad took away my thumb: "Well. I would just suck the other one." When commenting about Moses eating all of Alex's pacifiers (yes--we blamed Moses for their disappearance): "Why don't we just go to the store and by more?" When trying to comfort Alex in a time of need: "Alex? You are going to have to learn to suck your thumb!" And when Mom had told me earlier one morning "not to bring up the topic" I was quick to correct Daddy when he did bring the subject up: "Daddy!! We don't talk about it!!"
Pretty funny stuff.
On Saturday evening, Ms. Jessica came over to hang with Alex and I while Mom and Dad enjoyed a very nice date night.
I decided to try on Ms. Jessica's boots!
We had a wonderful time hanging out with Jessica, and Mom and Dad enjoyed their visit to Great Storm, and dinner at Texas Roadhouse.
On Sunday, Dad had his first IVIG treatment. It took 4 hours with a nurse upstairs, so the rest of us decided to go to the park!
And then...we went to get a cold afternoon treat at Rizuto's! Yum.
Dad started having some pretty yucky side effects from his treatment on Monday, so we all sort of just hung around the house and took it easy. The daycare was closed due to a teacher training day. Mom decided that for dinner...she would get us out of the house so the 3 of us went to ITZ and let Dad rest at home. Mom thought she was crazy for attempting this venture alone, but Alex and I were exceptionally well-behaved...and we ended up having a wonderful time!
Dad is still feeling pretty yucky today, and couldn't go to work. Mom had to drop Alex off in her first REAL official day in her new classroom this morning, and lets just say Alex didn't take it so well. Her meltdown was pretty epic, much like the ones I threw for the first month over the transitions from Toddler's to the Two's room. Hopefully it won't last THAT long, but it will definitely take some time before Alex is okay with the morning drop-off. Poor thing!
Cortland's Birthday part is this Saturday, and so is Daddy's Birthday! He is going to be the big 39, and we all hope he is feeling much better by the time this weekend rolls around.
No comments:
Post a Comment