Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Lovely Weekend

We just had a wonderful weekend. Beautiful weather. A little fun, and a HUGE win for the Denver Broncos and Alex went Pee in the potty!

I guess one nice thing about having your Birthday shortly after the Holiday season is…late presents continue to trickle in all week long!  Alex got a gift almost every day last week. Here she is playing with her food cutting set from Nanny and Adie.  She can literally sit and slice food for over 30 minutes…and that is impressive.

A picture of Mom’s pretty latte before work on Friday morning:

Mom and Dad left work early on Friday afternoon to pick up Alex and I for Alex’s 2 year well check-up.  They decided to bring me along as they thought I would offer support and a little bit of distraction (for both Alex AND Mom).  We were anticipating one vaccine for Alex, but it turns out Alex couldn’t receive it as we were 2 days short from the 6-month waiting period that has to take place between shots.  She totally lucked out! Mom and Dad had been mentally preparing themselves for the past few weeks—so I guess they are going to have to gear up again in October when I need THREE shots, and Alex can get the Hep A she just got out of this time.

Still NOT a fan of going to the doctor's.  Would not leave Daddy's lap.

She is healthy as can be and right on par with all of her development milestones.  She weighed in at 25.4 pounds (dressed, minus her shoes).  Interestingly enough…this is only 1/10th of a pound lighter than I was at my 2 year check up! Pretty cool! 26th percentile for Weight, 52nd percentile for Height, and 93rd percentile for Head.

After her appointment we went and scoped out a new laptop, and then enjoyed dinner at Panera. 

On Saturday morning…Ms. Alex woke up completely dry! So, Mom decided to bust out the old plastic potty training seat.  She decided sitting on the potty seat was her favorite thing to do all weekend.  AND…on Sunday morning…she even peed in it!! Woo Hoo! We can’t wait to get her out of diapers.  Soon…hopefully really soon!

Mom and I went to my buddy Rylee’s 4th Birthday party at the  Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Saturday morning.  It was BEAUTIFUL weather, and we couldn’t have asked for a more perfect morning to spend at the zoo. 

We got to meet a skunk named Tiger Lilly, a turtle, AND…do a special behind-the-scenes visit with an Elephant named Lucky! Lucky is the same age as Mom, and she was doing all sorts of neat tricks for us. She even painted Rylee a pretty picture in honor of her Birthday. Pretty cool!



Lucky doing her special tricks.

I was such a good listener!

Sort of hard to tell...but Lucky is painting Rylee a Birthday Picture.



After the party was over, Mom and I decided to take advantage of the opportunity and rode the SkyRide to the top of the mountain.  What an amazing view!

Such an incredible view of our city.




I of course fell asleep on the way home…sucking on a sucker! Couldn’t even finish it before I was O-U-T.

On Saturday evening…we had the Wilson Family over for pizza.  Alex, Jameson and I kept each other entertained while the adults visited.  It was a great evening.

We went to the park on Sunday afternoon, and after naptime—we tuned in to watch the Denver Broncos beat the New England Patriots and now the Broncos are on their way to The Super Bowl!  Very exciting to be a Coloradan!

Not much going on this week—Jameson has his 5th Birthday party on Saturday, so we are looking forward to that.  Hope everyone  has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment