Mommy left snowy Colorado on November 23rd, for THIS:
I know, right?? Not fair! Alex and I stayed with Daddy while Mom enjoyed 3 days on the beach in Punta Cana! She had an amazing trip, and found it very weird that the only agenda she had every day, was to sleep, eat, drink, visit with friends, and relax. It was just what she needed. Alex, Daddy and I got along just fine without her. Sure, we missed her...but we got to Facetime with her everyday at least once...and sometimes twice! She got to spend her Birthday in paradise, and we made cinnamon rolls in her honor:
Oh! & Dad may have took us to Mickey D's!
Mommy and Auntie A on Mom's 33rd Birthday:
Auntie K and Trent got married on Tuesday, the 26th! They went on a sunset cruise that included snorkeling, and drinking fresh coconut juice on the beach. It was wonderful.
Auntie K on the day of her wedding. Isn't she pretty??
Getting ready to walk down the beach aisle:
Mom was so thrilled that she got to be a party of this special day.
After the beach wedding ceremony, everyone had dinner at the steak house and ate wedding cake. Check out that beautiful cake!
Mom's trip was super smooth, and she came back feeling refreshed with no complaints. Dad did a terrific job taking care of Alex and I, and I'm pretty sure Mom owes him BIG TIME. Mom came back just in the nick of time, as Daddy tweaked his back and needed her help doing some of the heavy lifting.
Thursday was Thanksgiving, and we went to Don and Margaret's for Thanksgiving Dinner. There was a turkey AND a Honey Baked Ham. All the side dishes and fixings you can think about, and THREE pies including Grandma's famous Chocolate Cream Pie.
Patiently waiting for dinner to be served:
Alex ready to chow down. She ate GREAT!
Smile everyone!!
Margaret! The woman behind all the great food and hard work:
Don quickly posing for Mom's camera:
Two of some of my favorite people!
Pie time! Grandpa claims Mommy wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Grandma's famous chocolate cream pie. I believe him!
Enough said!
We (minus Dad) ended up doing all the Christmas decorating the day after Thanksgiving. Dad was in a lot of pain, so Mom figured out how to put up TWO Christmas trees unassisted. Alex and I helped out quite a bit. I noticed an ornament with my picture on it from when I was about 2 years old. I told Mommy, "Look! It is me when I was a toddler!"
Alex decided the dryer was a good place to hang out for a bit. Pretty sure Mom has a couple shots of me hanging out in the dryer at about this same age.
Mom and Dad went out for Mom's Birthday dinner Saturday evening with The Loomis'. Alex and I hung out with Grandma and Grandpa and they let me stay up WAY past my bedtime. No wonder I like it so much when they come over to babysit (-:
On Sunday, we did chores around the house. Alex and I went with Mom to the grocery store on Sunday afternoon. We were in the produce section when I noticed that a lady was going for a produce bag about the same time Mom was. So, Mom handed her a bag and then tore herself off one. I said, "Mommy!! That was soo nice of you!!" We all laughed (including the other lady). I'm pretty cute! We went out to dinner on Sunday night to The Elephant Bar. It had been quite some time since we attempted going to a decent restaurant, and Alex and I did pretty darn good at being patient and sitting still while waiting for our food.
We got ice cream sundaes with our kids meals. Yummmmm....
Luckily, we both shared with Mom and Dad (-:
We had a wonderful 4-day weekend together. Mom was so happy to be home, and was glad she got to spend a few extra days with us before having to go back to work. Just 3 weeks until we leave for Dallas for Christmas! December is going to be a busy month.
No comments:
Post a Comment