We had a wonderful Halloween! We carved our Pumpkins last Tuesday evening...we only decided to do ONE pumpkin, as the one I brought back from the Pumpkin Patch field trip with my class...did not want to stand up correctly. So, one it was! I helped Dad pick out a design, as he carved away. I was not into all the goop, and neither was Alex.
Alex munched on snacks and watched from Mom's arms.
Our final Jack-O-Lantern! Turned out perfect.
On Wednesday (the day before Halloween), Mom picked Alex and I up early from school and we went to Trick Or Treat in the halls of RT Logic. This is my 4th year, and Alex's 2nd year participating in the festivities. Everyone loved our pirate costumes, and we got SOOOOO MUCH CANDY!
Alex took a little to warm up...but once she realized what people were putting in her pumpkin? She was quite fond of the whole concept.
I ran into my buddy, Riley! He was BATMAN!
This huge bucket of candy does not include everything that Alex collected.
Proud of all my hard work!
On Thursday, we had a Halloween Parade at School. Mom and Dad left work early so that they could watch the parade. Right after the parade at school, we went to a Halloween party at USA Taekwondo with The Loomis Family. They had tons of food, a bounce house, and games for all the kids.
Gavin dressed up as a Ninja Turtle!
Alex was COMPLETELY in her element...and had a BLAST running around, laughing, playing, and jumping.
Gwynie and Ms. Larissa!
After the Halloween Party, we decided to hit up a few houses for Trick-Or-Treating in our neighborhood. It was pretty cold out, so we only went to about 10 houses. A picture was taken of me in my Superman costume on this exact porch last year!
Alex caught on again pretty fast, and would say "Trick or Treat" in her own cute little way. Mom tried to capture it on video...but that turkey refused to say it for her! One lady told us that Alex's cute little "Trick Or Treat" made her entire evening! Awwwww!
Since we only did a few houses in the cold, we were home in time to hand out candy to the Trick-Or-Treaters. I think I might have had more fun doing this than going out and collecting my own candy!
Mom told me to be EXTRA generous...so I started putting huge handfuls of candy into all the Trick-Or-Treaters bags...(Mom may even given back some of the candy that Alex and I collected). LOL.
We sure did do A LOT this year! We were exhausted at the end of the night, but we had a great time. & we officially have enough candy to last until March, when Mom decides it is time for it to GO!
Ms. Jessica sent this picture of Alex being a little helper after naptime last week. She was helping Ms. Jessica put away all of her classmates' blankets and sheets after nap! So sweet.
We spent the majority of the day with Ms. Lyssa on Saturday. Mom and Dad went to the All Colorado Beer Festival with some friends, and had a REALLY good time! Ms. Lyssa took us to the park, took us to her house, and took us to Gavin and Gwyn's house for pizza! She did an EXCELLENT job taking care of and entertaining Alex and I.
Mom and Dad ran into some old friends at the Beer Festival, and had a great time celebrating Ms. Larissa's Birthday! & thank you to Grandma and Grandpa for playing taxi service and making sure my Mom and Dad got home safe (-:
On Sunday, Alex and I went with Mom to Target. We got snacks at Starbucks, I got to use one of my Birthday Gift Cards on a toy, and we stopped in and said hello to Grandma and Grandpa at their house.
Was a very good weekend all in all. Grandma's Birthday is this Thursday, and it is also Grandma and Grandpa's 38th Wedding Anniversary! We plan on doing some celebrating with them at our house with dinner and cake! Hope everyone has a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment