Monday, July 15, 2013

Our Interesting Week

We did have a fairly interesting week, or week-end shall I say? I had "music camp" at school every morning last week--except I missed the presentation on Friday, and I will get to that in a minute. Mom picked Alex and I up from school early on Wednesday afternoon so that we could attend the RTL Logic Company picnic. Shortly after Mom picked us up...it started to RAIN. Or shall I say...POUR!! It was a white-knuckle drive for Mom all the way up Powers it was raining so hard. Thankfully, the storm had already passed through Fox Run Park (where the picnic was being held) and we were able to enjoy our time there. It was pretty chilly to start though--we had our jackets on and covered in goose bumps! Unfortunately, I didn't get to go down the big bouncy slide (it was covered in mud and water), and I did not get to get my face painted (waited too long-just like last year). BUT, we had a great time swinging and playing on the playground.
Ms. Catie's little girl, Rebecca. She will be ONE next month and is such a cutie! She also has more teeth than Alex!! LOL

Alex enjoying herself:

She LOVES LOVES LOVES swinging:


Hey! So do I!

Here are some pictures that were taken during the day last week of Alex, while at school:
Eating a snack:

Sitting on Ms. Kelly's lap:

They had another water day on Thursday:

Baby supermodel!

Alex and Gwyn:

Playing outside:

Time to paint!

Oh, Alex! Wonder how that tasted.

On Thursday afternoon, Mom got a call from the school. I was running a 102.5 fever, and they wanted Mom to come and pick me up. I certainly was acting okay--didn't act like I was running a fever. Mom took my temp and it read 103! Eeek! So, when I requested ice cream cake for a snack, Mom gave in to my special request:

Because I was running this fever, I was not allowed to return to school on Friday. So, Mom and I went and saw the movie Despicable Me 2. It was really...my FIRST official movie, and I did FANTASTIC. I sat the entire movie and laughed and clapped and squealed. So did Mom! It was an EXCELLENT movie. I was bummed I missed my music presentation at school on Friday morning. Mom and I took it pretty easy on Friday...my fever was still going strong. Alex was SUPER fussy on Friday night. She went to bed early...and then woke up at 1:00 AM, and continued to vomit for the next 2.5 hours straight. Poor baby! This is the 5th time this has happened since January. Mom and Dad are starting to wonder if she has a food allergy to something.

Thankfully, she was back to normal on Saturday morning. You could never tell she was sick. Weird! & Finally! On Saturday morning! My fever broke! But then, I started to complain of a sore throat )-: So...off to the Urgent Care for a strep test that ended up coming back NEGATIVE. The nice PA that examined me, believes I have Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. Thankfully, it is a pretty mild virus and is quite common among children under 5 years of age. We are keeping a special eye on Alex to see if she shows any signs of it.

On Saturday, Alex turned 18 MONTHS OLD!! Here are some pictures of Alex that Mom captured of her at 18 months of age:









On Saturday afternoon, Alex told Daddy "No!" & shook her finger at him. Such a sassy little stinker! Alex has her 18-month check-up with Dr. Reich on Friday afternoon. Should be fun considering she A). Hates anything that resembles a doctor's office. B). Hates going to the doctor. and C). Is due for a couple vaccinations! Mom is going to need a hug before and after all of this.

ON Saturday evening, Mom and Dad were supposed to go to The Mona Lisa for their 6th Wedding Anniversary Dinner, and Alex and I were going to hang out with Grandma and Grandpa. BUT...Daddy got an upset tummy just mere minutes before Grandma and Grandpa showed up...and decided it would be best to cancel their reservation, and reschedule for NEXT weekend when he can enjoy all the fondue his heart desire. Oh well!

On Sunday (Mom and Dad's 6th Anniversary), I was in a REALLY crabby mood (maybe still feeling icky from my "disease"), and was not cooperating enough so we could get ourselves together and go out for breakfast. So, Mom went and picked up breakfast and brought it back to the house...and we enjoyed our Egg and I on the back patio. It turned out great!



I kept bringing Mommy rocks as she was trying to eat. LOL:

We decided to go ahead and bust out the plastic pool, and fill the water table--and enjoy our morning OUTDOORS. If you look closely in the back, Mommy is sitting in the pool with her PJ's on! HAAHAHAAHAH. Silly Mommy.

Shortly after the above picture was taken, Molly caught her rear toenail on something and tore it pretty bad. We heard her yelp, and we thought maybe she stepped on a bee! We are going to keep an eye on it for a couple of days...but Mom has a feeling we will be taking her to the vet so they can examine it and make sure it doesn't get infected. See what I mean about having an "Interesting Week?"
Alex enjoying her fun in the sun with a snack!





& thankfully Mommy was the only one that got sunburned! Right on her knees! Ouch!

Next time she will remember to put sunscreen on her legs that rarely see day light.



After naps, and baths, Ms. Lyssa came over so that Mom and Dad could enjoy a quiet dinner out! They ended up at BJ's Brewery for some pizza and beer! It was very yummy, and they truly enjoyed the quiet time to reflect back on their special day.


Ms. Lyssa took Alex and I to the park. We behaved well, and had a fun park outing.
Action Shot!!


Ms Lyssa is good at capturing some pretty cute pictures!

Tonight, Dad is driving to Denver International Airport to pick up Devin!! Devin will be staying with us until July 31st. We are looking forward to her visit! Hope everyone has an excellent week!

No comments:

Post a Comment