Mom and Dad had a "parent-teacher conference" with Ms. Colleen late Friday morning. Ms. Colleen reports that I'm doing wonderful, and she feels that I have always been a part of her class...I just fit in so perfectly. She claims that I love learning new things, that I love to sing, I love "practical life," and I am very pleasant towards my class-mates. Ms. Colleen explained that in the next 6-12 months, I will start learning more letter and number recognition, learning some simple math, learning the sounds of letters, learning how to write my name, and learning how to read! WOW! Mom swears I was just learning how to walk yesterday! Time sure does fly.
After meeting with my teacher, Mom and Dad picked up Alex and I and we were on the road to Granby shortly after lunch. Our trip up was very smooth. No weather, no whining, no crying, no meltdowns, and no traffic issues. Alex and I napped a good portion of the trip, so it was very quiet.
Beautiful day for a mountain drive:
We arrived at the cabin around 3:00. I had fun checking everything out, and Alex was in very good spirits also.
Enjoying a snack and waiting for Auntie Karissa to arrive:
Auntie Karissa showed up shortly after us, and we ventured out to grab some dinner while we waited for The Gillings' to get in. We knew it would be much later, since they didn't leave Colorado Springs until after 6:00 PM.
I got to sleep in a trundle bed, that was in a bedroom with two bunk beds. Mom and Dad each took one bunk, and Alex slept nicely in her Pack N Play. The Gillings' didn't arrive until about 9:30 PM, so I was asleep by the time my buddy Daniel showed up. I was SUPER happy to see him waiting for me Saturday morning.
Dad and Danny G hanging out:
Alex chowing down on breakfast:
Kay, Alex, and Daniel. Busy, busy, busy:
Action shot:
Daniel's older sister, Susie joined along for the visit. With her, she brought her two dogs, and 3 puppies! The pups were just 7 weeks old, and they were SUPER cute and snuggly.
I was very gentle and careful when I held the puppies:
On Saturday afternoon everyone got bundled up, and we went to a little restaurant/brewery for a later afternoon lunch.
Alex and Kay bundled and ready to go out for lunch:
The adults enjoyed burgers and a beer, and Daniel and I chowed down on pizza. The babies munched on dried Strawberries and other bits and pieces:
Back at the cabin Saturday night...hanging on Daddy's lap:
On Saturday night we all enjoyed more good food, good drink, and good laughs. I kept saying "I don't want to go home." It was clear that I was really enjoying our time with everyone together.
Alex enjoying the view from Daddy's neck:
Snack time with Daniel:
We decided to head out around lunchtime on Sunday. There was reports that the weather could make for some dicey road conditions...but we had NO problems driving back home. Again, Alex and I slept the majority of the trip home...no traffic, and the roads didn't give us any grief!
Picture from our drive home:
We got home just in time for Mom to catch up on laundry, baths for Alex and I, and some time to get settled in for the week ahead. I'm excited for our trip to Dallas next week! I keep talking about "flying on an airplane to Texas." We are looking forward to spending time with Dad's side of the family for Thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment