As you know, I enjoyed my 4th Halloween, and Alex got to celebrate her 1st last week! We carved our Pumpkins on Monday, as we wanted to be able to enjoy them for a few days before they started to smell like rotten pumpkin. I was hesitant to reach my hand in the pumpkin to pull out all the goo, but I enjoyed helping Dad carve the pumpkin and helping Mom paint the black bats on her pumpkin. Since Alex was tired, and onreally was only interested in being held and cuddled...this was a rather speedy pumpkin carving session for us all. I think Mom finished her pumpkin with the painted bats in 15 minutes. She had never carved a pumpkin so fast in her entire life.
Not a huge fan of being messy:
Serious pumpkin carving business going on here:
The finished Jack-O-Lanterns:
Cheesin' in front of the pumpkins:
Making "scary" Halloween sounds. "Oooooooh!!!!"
I enjoyed having these two sitting around for a couple of days (we kept them inside this year, after our sad pumpkin smashing incident that occured LAST Halloween):
On Halloween, Mom picked Alex and I up early from daycare. She actually had to wake me from my nap, and I welcomed the early visit! We hopped in the car, and drove up to Mom and Dad's work. They were doing Trick-Or-Treating in the halls, and let me tell you...I made out with more candy than a 3-year-old should ever legally be able to possess. OH! In case you were wondering...Alex was a ladybug for about 5 minutes. She was not a fan of her costume, and it made her hot and sticky. So, it lasted long enough to snap a couple of quick pictures...and that was it!
"Do I look like I'm impressed?"
(It's okay, Alex. You don't have to be smiling to be awfully cute)!
"Ummm. Yeah. You can go ahead and take this off of me now. Kthxbai."
There was a photo shoot area set-up, with a green screen as a background. The man taking the pictures got a few shots of Alex and I, but they are not accessible yet. When they are, we will be sure to share them.
My buddy Daniel was also hard at work gathering all the candy his little heart desired. Daniel was able to dress up as the same Dinosaur that he was last Halloween.
Here I am pictured with a giant Pixi Stix. Don't worry...Mom was smart enough to take this away from me and never speak of it again as the amount of sugar contained in one of those things is enough to kill a small horse.
Danny G and I hanging out on the 2nd floor:
Hard to focus on Mom snapping pictures with all the excitement!
After a fun afternoon at RT Logic, we went home and had dinner. We did some regrouping, and then piled in the wagon for some Trick-Or-Treating in our neighborhood. The weather was VERY nice out for the end of October here in Colorado Springs. Alex had a BLAST being pulled around in the wagon and watching all the kids run up and down the street.
Some neighbors of ours go ALL OUT. They had a movie screen set up with chairs, a fire, fresh popcorn, and all the live characters standing around in the lawn waiting to scare the older Trick-Or-Treaters. They also had a talking head on the front porch, and it asked me my name and held a conversation with me. Very cool!
We Trick-Or-Treated for about an hour. Sometimes, instead of saying "Trick-Or-Treat,' I would say "Happy Halloween!" It was VERY cute. I would march right up to the front door step, ring the door bell, and patiently wait for somebody to answer. I never showed any signs of being shy, or scared. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
After an action packed afternoon and evening, Grandma and Grandpa met us over at the house to check out my Superman costume (they may have also grabbed a couple of Snicers Bars and Reece's when nobody was looking). Alex enjoyed checking out all the candy:
"Mmmmm. Milk Duds."
It was a wonderful evening, and we couldn't have asked for a better FIRST Halloween for Ms. Alex to experience. Next year, she will be toddling around after her OWN candy...
We also had a great weekend. Mom and Dad had a date night on Saturday with some of their friends, while Alex and I hung out with Grandma and Grandpa. Sunday morning, looked like this:
Alex has been eating more and more here lately! She is REALLY getting the hang of it, and has started to take a liking to meal times and different foods.
A happy and MESSY girl:
Muffin, grapes, and Yogurt Melts!
After breakfast, Mom and I went to my buddy James' house in Falcon. Jameson met us over at the house, and the three of us played with Play-Doh, managed to drag out every single toy that James owned, and made our own personal pizza's. We had a great time, and I did NOT want to leave to go home.
WE spent Sunday evening running around doing a few errands...we waited in line at Babies R Us for over 45 mintues...ate dinner at Boston Market, and then everyone was in bed early thanks to the time change. This week is going to be BUSY. Haircuts, Grandma's Birthday, Molly and Moses go to the Vet, and we are leaving for Granby on Friday afternoon for the weekend. Hope everyone has a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment