Monday, September 12, 2011

EPIC Teething Weekend

Happy Monday, Ya'll! Phew. Let me tell you. This weekend was...INTERESTING. It started off just fine. We went for pancakes at IHOP Friday evening for dinner because Mom has mixed feelings about cooking on a Friday night:

After breakfast for dinner, we decided to go to Old Navy for some new jeans and to test drive a Halloween Costume. First up? The monkey costume. I picked it out right away and said "MONKEY!!" Mom had a coupon and got my costume for $13.00!! Usually they are $25.00 (plus it was on sale). SCORE!

I also tried on the Dragon costume (that my buddy, Daniel is going to dress as), but I insisted on calling it an ALLIGATOR.

It sort of resembles an ALLIGATOR, don't you think (minus the wings)?


EARLY Saturday morning is where things started to take a turn in a different direction. I was up at 4:45 AM. Fussing, and crying, and just not acting my normal self. Mom was convinced I was coming down with something, but I was not running a fever. All this didn't stop us from meeting Mr. Jason and Ms. Junior for FREE breakfast at Chick-Fil-A! I had oatmeal and fruit. YUM.

Ms. Junior almost wore a glass of ice water and my oatmeal a couple of times through breakfast. She was such a brave soul sitting so close to me.

After breakfast, I took a brief nap...and woke up...NOT HAPPY. NOT HAPPY at all folks. Mom thought lasers were going to shoot from my eyes and that my head was going to start doing a 180. So, we went outside to see what Dad was up to. Mom thought watching Dad paint our shed might help take my mind off of things.

Boy was she WRONG. Dad even stopped painting early so he could come and try and help console me. Finally they decided it was time for drugs. So, I got a nice dose of Motrin, and it seemed to help. This is about the time the massive amounts of drool started...and I was chewing on everything in site...including furniture and the fence pictured below. So Mom and Dad figured that I was INDEED teething. That this was the REAL THING. Many times before had they blamed teething for my irritability or fussiness...but this time? This time there was no doubt.

Dad kept me somewhat happy while Mom managed to make us homemade Pizza rolls. I of course wanted nothing to do with them. BUT, I hear they were tasty!

Mom and Dad both hit the sack early, as they were EXHAUSTED from being up with me since the early dawn...and were FEARING another early morning wake-up call. Mom is happy to report that I ended up sleeping much better Saturday night with the help of some more Children's Motrin. On Sunday morning, we decided to take a trip to Pets Mart for a new sleeping mat for Molly, and some chew toys for Moses. I got to check out the turtles, the snakes, the fish, the birds, and all of the dogs that were walking around the store. It was pretty cool!

Sort of like...a trip to the zoo!

Then we came home, I took about a 2 hour nap...and woke up and did a whole lot of this:

Again. Not Happy. Need. More. Motrin. We spent the afternoon hanging around the house. Mom and Dad followed me around with a mop so that nobody slipped and fell on my puddles of drool. Dinner was no fun. Dad actually had to shut our kitchen windows in fear that that neighbors would think I was being tortured. The good news is Mom and Dad saw proof that I have a tooth that just popped through in the front...and believe there are a few more coming in towards the back. So hopefully this is over REALLY soon.

After dinner...Mom took me outside (out FRONT...as I requested), and we ran into some of the neighbor kids. They LOVE me. The older boys will hand me a football or a basketball very gently, and let me toss it around. They think I'm so funny when I decide to say something. They love letting me check out their bikes and toys. They think I'm something else! After playing outside for awhile, I decided it was time to go back to the house. Mom was in mid-conversation with the nice neighbor lady when I decided I had enough. So, I marched down the sidewalk and went straight to our front door and patiently waited for Mom to let me in. I was ready for my bath, my milk, and my bed. Hope everyone had a great weekend! Hope this week is a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment